Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3 4.6c Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts,

i need some help...

I have a scenario where i have SAP r/3 4.6c on SQL server, with NW2004s usage type bi 7.0 and EP with content portal.

My question is..my client is going for an upgrade from r3 to ECC6.0 with a unicode conversion as well. now when i do the upgrade of the r3 system ..how does it effect the bi 7.0 in terms of data load and other data stores in bi server.since Bi is already 7.0 so after upgrade what activities incase i have to perform on Bi7.0 to make sure it is in sync with the updated ECC System.

answers will be awarded in points

thanks

saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for this u have to first of all seat together with the developer and also consult with the SAP for major changes after upgrading....

according to me there is no much more change in configuraiton as u have already on BI7.0 ....then also u have to make sure in the Planning phase of upgrade itself....

Regards,

kamlesh'

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

can u give some ideas about the strategy to be followed while upgrading for r/34.6c to Ecc 6.0 with unicode conversion.

thanks

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Dont try to think too much on this. SAP has given a strategy where, you can combine the upgrade with the unicode conversion. All you need to take care is for memory / file system space.

Coz after Unicode conversion the size of the SAP database can double.

-Madhu