cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Requirement is not considered in SNP Heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a situation where after I create Forecast Requirement manually in Interactive Planning and execute the SNP Location heuristic, I don't see any Planned orders or Stock transfer orders being created. Seems that the Forecast that I enter is not considered at all. The category I used is FA (Fcst requirement)

Anyone could help me on this? Thanks in advance.

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Closing old Thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Have you solved the problem? I also met the same problem... Could you please share your solutions.

Many thanks,

Lian

Former Member
0 Kudos

There could be a lot of reasons for this situation

a few questions that might shed more light

Can you try to create a planned order manually without any error?

What is your material sourcing set up as - inhouse or External?

Do you have PPMs or Transportation lanes that will decide the Source of supply?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

I my case I was able to create a planned order manually and using the PPDS heuristic. The setup I have is for inhouse production and PDS exist as a source of supply. This PDS is selected by the manual creation.

When I run the SNP in Background I see a message in the Log that 'Total # of Demand = 0'

Regards and Thanks,

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few more questions...

Can you see the forecast in the planning book?

Can you see the Total Demand keyfigure and the forecast what you have created in this Key figure?

If so check the Supply shortage key figure, whether any value exists in that?

Ideally if dont have stock on hand, then you see supply shortage... Based on this only heuristics plans further...

If not please check the macro for that planning book as heuristics will look into these keyfigures. If they are incative, generate those and redo the heursitics..

Hope this helps you...

Regards,

Jagadeesh

Pls reward points if it is helpful...

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the requirement strategy that you are using?

Also check if you have any forecast horizon set in the location product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam -

Take a look at the following links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Specifically this one

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

if u look at the third row and try to <b>set the keyfigure that represents the demand plan</b>

Hope this helps u

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sureshgarg

Thanks for your reply but I could not understand though. Unfortunately both the links you had mentioend are the same and I could not figure out a way out of the thrid row you had mentioned.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam -

On the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Demand Planning ® Planning ® Release ® Release to Supply Network Planning.

Field

Entry

Data Source: Planning Area

The planning area from which you want to release the demand plan; that is, the source planning area.

Data Source: Planning Version

The version from which you want to release the demand plan.

Data Source: Key Figure
The key figure that represents the demand plan.

Target: Planning Version
The version to which you want to release the demand plan.

Target: Category
The order category.

Categories serve to group orders according to different kinds of stocks, goods receipts, goods issues and order types. Enter a category that represents orders or forecasts such as FA or FB. The system creates demand orders with reference to the category in the liveCache order area (also called Order liveCache). The category is determined during the release to SNP as follows:

1. Has a category been entered in the release profile? If yes, this category is used.

2. If no, has a category been set in the definition of the requirements strategy in Customizing? (You define the product’s strategy in the Proposed strategy field on the Demand tab page of the product master record.) If yes, this category is used.

3. If no, the category FA (forecasts) is used.

Add data

If you set this indicator, new order quantities are created in SNP when you release the demand plan from Demand Planning to SNP. The system ignores existing orders in the same SNP version for the same product, location and periods. This means that if you release to SNP twenty times, twenty separate orders are created in SNP.

If you do not set this indicator, existing order quantities in the same SNP version for the same product, location and periods are overwritten.

Set this indicator only in exceptional circumstances.

From-Date

A date that defines the beginning of the release horizon.

An entry in this field is compulsory.

To-Date

A date that defines the end of the release horizon.

An entry in this field is compulsory.

Planning Buckets Profile

A planning buckets profile that determines how the demand plan is read from liveCache time series for the release to Supply Network Planning.

The use of a planning buckets profile for the release from DP to SNP is optional. If you use a planning buckets profile, the system releases the demand plan in the buckets in which data was planned. The planning buckets profile must be as big as or bigger than the release horizon specified by the From and To dates.

If you do not enter a planning buckets profile, the data is read in technical periods. The storage buckets profile determines what the technical periods are. Technical periods are not visible to the demand planner.

The period split also determines how the demand plan is released to SNP. You set the period split in the product master record (the SNP2 tab).

See also the examples in Release of the Demand Plan to SNP.

Daily Buckets Profile

A planning buckets profile containing days if you wish demand orders to be created in Supply Network Planning in daily buckets.

The use of a daily buckets profile containing days to release the demand plan to SNP is optional. If you use a daily buckets profile, it must contain days only.

During the release, the system works forward in time. For example, if your daily buckets profile contains 40 days, the system releases data to:

· The 40 workdays starting on and following the From date if you are releasing the data online.

· The first 40 workdays of the planning horizon if you perform the release using mass processing. The planning horizon that is used is the planning horizon of the data view you specify in the mass processing activity and job. Make sure the planning horizon begins in the future, unless you want to release data in the past.

The factory calendar determining which days are workdays is the shipping calendar that you enter in the location master record.

The period split also determines how the demand plan is released to SNP. You set the period split in the product master record (the SNP2 tab).

See also the examples in Release of the Demand Plan to SNP.

Period Split Profile

See Time-Based Demand Distribution.

Product

Product or range(s) of products for which you wish to release the demand plan.

Location or range(s) of locations for which you wish to release the demand plan.

Extended

If the InfoObjects in the source planning area that represent products and locations are not 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO, click here to specify the correct InfoObjects.

If you are working with Descriptive Characteristics, you must enter a consumption group. Only then are the descriptive characteristics transferred to order liveCache. You can also specify whether forecasts are generated in order LiveCache for all values of the descriptive characteristics or just for specified values. If you select this option, a button appears with which you can access a selection box.

Results Log

To see the results of the release, check this box. For example, you may wish to do this if the demand plan was created in months but you are releasing to SNP in days. Any errors that occurred during the release are shown in the log.

2. Choose Program ® Execute.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sureshgarg,

Thanks for your explanation but we don't have DP and the forecast is entered directly in Interactive Planning on the Forecast Key figure. So the approach you have mentioned is not applicable. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam -

Are you using a infoprovider to release the forecast data?

Look at this link on the same line if you are using infoprovider then this might help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/1c/4d7a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh / Sam,

I am also facing a similar issue in a similar litte test to run SNP Heuristic we are doing here. I created multiple Forecast Requirements of category FA directly in SNP using the program /SAPAPO/SJKTST04.

We are using requirement strategy Make To stock with a Forecast Horizon of just 1 day.

We also tried creating the PIRs directly in the Planning Table.

Any help is appreciated.