cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PArtner Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys..... Can some one explain me how Partner determination works...in SD

I ve doefine patnur functions under IMG activity Partner determination. and then i have assigned pd proc...to acc group.... its ok... but showld we have to assign it to sales documents???can anyone help me?? i wanna test how sp sh np py are picked..... thanks guyss...

lata.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

 You can maintain partner relationships both in sales documents and in the master data. Partner relationships are usually already defined in the customer master. They are proposed automatically in the document header when you create a sales document.

 If Customizing permits it, you can change or supplement these relationships manually by going to the partner screen and changing the function assignment.

 In Customizing, you decide whether several partners can be assigned to one partner function in the customer master. If multiple partners of the same function are maintained, when you then enter a sales order, a selection list appears containing these partners.

 In the sales documents, the system has been configured so that only one partner can be assigned to each partner function. The only exception is for outline agreements (partner functions AA and AW).

 You can also define partners at item level in the sales documents. However, business partners that are only defined in the header cannot be changed at item level.

 You can determine which partner functions must be entered (mandatory functions).

 You can prohibit anyone from changing a partner that has already been entered (for example, you could indicate the sold-to party cannot be changed in the sales document).

 It is also possible to enter or change the address of a partner, such as the ship-to party, manually. This change does not affect the master record.

 Partners appear in the system at different levels, such as the customer master, in the sales document header, in the sales document items, and so on.

 You can define your own partner determination procedures for each of these levels.

 A partner determination procedure is where you determine which partner functions should or must appear.

 You determine areas of validity by assigning procedures.

For example, you use the account group to assign the partner determination procedure for the customer master. The partner procedures are assigned to the partner objects as follows:

 Partner object Assignment key

 Customer master -> Account group

 Sales document header -> Sales doc. type

 Sales document item -> Item category in sales

 Delivery -> Delivery type

 Shipment -> Shipment type

 Billing header -> Billing type

 Billing item -> Billing type

 Sales activities (CAS) -> Sales activity type

 When you create sales documents, the business partners are automatically copied from the customer master. In the process, the customer master of the sold-to party is accessed.

 Several partner relationships are stored in the customer master record for a sold-to party. The system can also copy a partner function from other customer master records to create a partner for the sales document by specifying the source of the partner function and the determination sequence. When you do, you should note the sequence in which the system determines the partners.

 Example of indirect partner functions:

You have different regular suppliers in different regions. You want the system to determine the forwarding agent in the sales document dependent on the ship-to party. In Customizing, you determine that the system determines the ship-to party first by accessing the master record for the sold-to party. Then it accesses the ship-to party's master record to determine the forwarding agent.

 You can also use other sources to automatically determine business partners in sales documents, such as the tables for customer hierarchy (KNVH), contact persons (KNVK), credit representatives (T024P), and so on. . .

 An analysis function is available for tracing the automatic determination of business partners in sales documents in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasanth,

thanks a lot for coming back...

Regards,

Lata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some documentation, give me your mail id. i can forward it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

Please Forword it to lathareddy13@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Lata.