Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE93

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to create 2 custom Tcodes to modify 2 tables and then assign to Auth group.

Also I have to make sure that those custom tcodes would only allow users access to modify the specified 2 tables ( 1 tcode to 1 table)

How do u do that? I know this is basic but still asking

thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jack,

You can get SM30 to generate you a 'table maintenance screen'. This is basically a transaction generated by SAP from your criteria, this will allow changing/deleting/adding of data to the table you specify as your criteria.

Try this link and its sub-links for help ()

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ashley

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jack,

You can get SM30 to generate you a 'table maintenance screen'. This is basically a transaction generated by SAP from your criteria, this will allow changing/deleting/adding of data to the table you specify as your criteria.

Try this link and its sub-links for help ()

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ashley

0 Kudos

Ashley

As I said I want to create custom Tcodes to let the user access the tables

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this way:

1) goto se93, give a unique name

2)Enter SE16 into the transaction field and select the flag the ‘skip initial screen’ field:

3)On the lower portion of the screen, enter the following information:

Name of screen field: DATABROWSE-TABLENAME

Value: Enter the name of the table you want to browse with

4)save it.

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

santosh

0 Kudos

Will giving SE16 allow the users to update the table when I give table name in the field name?

I have to give users access so that they can update the table

0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of creating two t-code , it is better to create the Two different role for requried authorization and give it to the users.

Bcoz in role creation you can restrict the various parameters to be assigned to that role and ultimatiely to the users.

Regards,

kamlesh

0 Kudos

if you dont see TABLEBROWSE, you should see VIEWNAME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a parameter transaction using se93 and your transaction should call SE16 or SM30 and dont forget to check the skip initial screen checkbox. later in the default values textbox type: DATABROWSE-TABLENAME and value should be your table name.

And it should work given you gave the required authorization group fro S_TABU_DIS in the role.

For more info Check this out: http://www.home4sap.com/tips/customse16.shtml

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Hello Naveen

In the default values textbox when i type type: DATABROWSE-TABLENAME and give table name It says it does not exists on the called screen, I am on NW2004s

Dont know why it says like this? Any idea?