cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete output in drop down box with dynamic entry list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a drop down box for customer which is based on a dynamic entry list that takes values from a query. Now when I execute the query I see many more customers than are shown in the drop down box. How can this be explained?

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph

Is there any other dynamic or static list in use in the model?

The reason as to why i am asking this is that i have faced problems because of duplicate lists(/giving ambiguous list references) getting created every time i export the model and then import it back in a new project.

OR

May be just delete the existing dynamic list and create a fresh one.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Navneet

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

thanks for your quick respons. Regrettably the problem still exists, and I now think that it has nothing to do with the drop down box. That is because I also dragged the underlying query to my storyboard and connected it to a output table. When I look at the output from the query in runtime I see lots of customers are missing. When I execute the same query from the query designer I can see those customers that are missing.

How can this be? Can Visual Composer not handle many output records from a query? I have about 40000 customers in the system.

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph

if drop down is not working properly, try with Value help because for 40000 customers , i think value help is better than drop down.

this link contains both value help and drop down configuration

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/07134c67-0b01-0010-0493-b89...

Regards

Pradeep P N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using a dropdown box to display 40,000 entries is very bad modeling. The time it takes to transfer 40,000 records to the client can be very long.

As Pradeep said, remodel and use a different approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Mario and Pradeep use a value help or a preselection of the values. Also for the user it is difficult to select one value from 40,000 entries.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

First of all, thanks for the help, points are awarded !!!

Regrettably, I am still not succesfull in solving my problem.

I implemented the value help, however I do not see the missing customers in the selection screen either. I suppose it has something to do with the note mentioned (992487). It says there that for fields with the same structure within the WDSL (what is that?) data is overriden. F.e. Customer_1 and Customer_2 as data fields will return only Customer_2 as output.

I will try to implement the note and come back on this.

Best regards

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos