cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definition of Week in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to find out whether it's possible to change the definition of the weekly bucket in APO. The weekly bucket has the same length as the normal Calendar Week (7 days), but in stead of going from Monday to Sunday we would like the week to go from Saturday to Friday.

We are already using the Fiscal Variant to define the Monthly periods, so we can not use another Fiscal Variant to define the Weekly periods.

Has anyone come across anything like this before?

Thanks a lot!

Silvia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it from a display or a calculation perspective? If it is the former, I guess you may have to use a USER exit in interactive planning. For the latter, one would need to define an appropriate Time stream that refers a calendar. The time stream can then be used just like a calendar.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

Did you get this issue resolved. I am facing the exact same issue. I have already defined fiscal variant for split weeks and I cannot define a second one. Can you please explain the solution in detail?

Appreciate your help!

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I've tried to use the Time Stream but I'm just able to define which days in a week are workdays and which are not workdays, but I'm not able to change the start and end date of the weekly buckets.

I have a planning calendar that considers only 5 working days in a week (Saturday and Sunday are not working days), but when I show the period information for a weekly bucket in the Interactive Demand Planning screen I still get the information that the weeks start on Mondays and end on Sundays. I would like to see that the weeks start on Saturdays and end on Fridays.

Do you know whether this is possible with the Time Stream?

Thanks again!

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

It is not usual to work with planning calendars in DP, but it is possible. You must be careful about, because could cause unexpected results when you release data to SNP.

This link has the setting to assign a time stream for your storage bucket profile.

Time Settings and Forecasting

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.