cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can SOA do that EAI could not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

can someone explain me shortly what the enhancement of SOA are instead of EAI?

Both have an ESB and both connect applikations.

The only difference I found:

- SOA uses standard protocolls (SOAP, HTTP...)

- the attached applications aren't monolithic, but service based

- SOA uses a repository (like UDDI) to look-up services

What else would you say, that is new to SOA?

thanks

chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

imho it's two import things that make the difference:

- SOA is based on standards

- SOA tries to abstract application specific semantics

most importantly this means, services are not designed with a distinct (service) consumer in mind but for an arbitrary consumer.

as a consumer you look up a standardized service description in some directory and do not have to negotiate with the service supplier and understand service specific semantics.

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all. Now the differences are clear.

Points are given....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

well in SAP specific SOA (eSOA), you will have the opportunity to utilize your business processes in a service oriented way. Not only this but also you will find the Business Task Management and Business Activity Monitoring to make these services event oriented. Which i dont think you can achieve in EAI.

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business Task Management means that you can handle process tasks within one place. For example in Guide Procedures, right?

greets

chris

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, BTM is for handling the multiple task at one place, and which is used to divide a process into multiple activities, in which there are multiple users involved.

You can say BTM is a set of activities generated either by the company’s underlying business processes or by the users themselves as reminders to themselves or in order to delegate work to colleagues.

Regards

Sumit Bhutani