Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You Do Not Have the Authorization to Display a Configuration

wolfgang_haerle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting this error when trying to create/change the configuration of my ABAP web dynpro application. I tried to use SU53 to find out about the missing authorizations but it comes back that all checks were successfull? Anybody out there nows which authorization objects are being checked here?

Thanks for any hints.

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wolfgang_haerle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Regina,

thanks a bunch with the S_DEVELOP object. I assigned this to the profile but at the moment only if I give full authorization to S_DEVELOP it works? If I limit the object to WDCA or WDCC (or even WD*) it fails? Any idea why this is and what the correct object type might be?

Wolfgang

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Wolfgang,

Do you enter the exact name of the configuration into the authorization fields? You should set the object name to '*'.

Regina

wolfgang_haerle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Regina,

yes this is what I have for S_DEVELOP and it fails:

ACTIVITY: *

PACKAGE:*

OBJECT NAME:*

OBJECT TYPE: W*

AUTH.GROUP:*

only if I replace OBJECT TYPE with * it works but that can't be right?!

Wolfgang

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

We checked the coding, and you are right!

We check for the fields '', but will change it for the next SP.

Thanks four your analyzis.

Ciao, Regina

wolfgang_haerle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Regina,

thanks for your feedback, this explains a lot and please don't forget to incorporate the object name, package (and not just the type) in your authorization check since we need to be able to distinguish between custom objects and SAP standard objects.

All the best,

Wolfgang

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

For WD configurations you need developer rights (authorization S_DEVELOP). The object type is WDCA for application configurations and WDCC for component configurations.

Ciao, Regina