cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Adapter - Sample scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to run a simple example using HTTP Adapter.

The scenario is something like, I want to insert a user name in a R/3 table.

HTTP Adapter (XML message)-> XI -> (through RFC) R/3.

What are the steps that I need to follow to achieve this.

Following are the activities that I have already performed. Please let me know if I am moving in the right direction.

1. Create a data type UserName with type as string.

2. Create a message type for "UserName"data type.

3. Create a message interface with the message type.The msg interface is outbound and asynchronous.

Now what are the next steps to be followed ?I assume that I need to do interface mappings.

Also what configurations are required after the interface mappings are done.

I am also unclear as to how the call to this HTTP adapter made from a third party application ?

Please help, I am new to XI.

Regards,

Vivek

PS - Points will be definitely rewarded

Message was edited by: Vivek Sharma

Also Do I need to create 2 message types and 2 message interfaces to implement the above mentioned scenario ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

The steps which u hav to do now are

1.Create Message Mapping between the Message Interface for UserName Message type and RFC.

2.Create Inteface Mapping between the Outbound Interface and RFC.

Now the Configuration Steps are

1.Add the business system which has the RFC to the scenario.

2. Create Communication channel for communicating with the RFC

3. There is no need to create communication channel and Sender Agreement for HTTP.

4. Now create Receiver Agreement, Interface Determination and Receiver Agreement.

U have to do some settings for configuring RFC go thru this blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards

Arpit Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the instant response.

One question at this point,

How and where do I import the RFC in XI ?

Regards,

Vivek

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vivek,

Go to design and under the Imported object right click and select Import SAP Object. Choose RFC.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

In design and under the Imported object right click and select Import SAP Object. Choose RFC and select ur RFC.

Also go thru my blog for better understanding the scenario, here i had used File Adapter in place of HTTP

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Hope it helps

Regards

Arpit Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you so much for the help.

I have done almost all the steps mentioned ( hope I have done them correctly).

Now how can I execute this scenario ?

How can I test that the all the configurations are correct, I need to pass the user name in XML format and on execution , this should get inserted into the R/3 table.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You can download the test Client from the following link:

http://f5.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wJnbQu6GPHQthUob_aQEOu9V1CddkD_l4hSZPvSky68eDjdF1pkmykxxLFQokYAzKJIJ3K4...

I hope it helps,

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to use the tool but I get the error Requested resource does not exist.

The URL looks like http://dt2135-server:50000/sap/xi/adapter_plain?namespace=urn%3A%5C%5CHTTP2RFC&interface=HTTPADAPTER...

namespace is - urn:
HTTP2RFC , this is what I entered in my interface determination , Is it correct ?

interface is - HTTPADAPTER_MT, this is what I entered in my Message type, Is this correct ? or do I have to mention something else here.

Also while creating Receiver determination , in the Configuration Overview for Receiver Determination, I get Mapping does not exist , What could be the problem ? Also do I need to create this in the first case, my requirement is to only insert a value in a table using a RFC, I will try other complex scenarios once I get this running.

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

In the interface column u need to mention your mesage interface which u created as outbound one(and not the message type).

Also check whether you have given the mapping correctly in the inerface mapping in the IR.

regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

>><i>Also while creating Receiver determination , in the Configuration Overview for Receiver Determination, I get Mapping does not exist</i>

We generally get this error when we forget to give namespace in Receiver Determination or Interface Determination. Please check that you have given namespace everywhere and also whether it is correct.

Do make these changes and test you scenario once again.

Also please make the changes which Priyanka has suggested.

I hope it helps,

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am still unable to test the scenario.

I changes the URL to http://dt2135-server:8000/sap/xi/adapter_plain?namespace=urn%3A%5C%5CHTTP2RFC&interface=HTTPADAPTER_...

For interface , now I pass the name of the outbound interface.

I dont get any error, only a blank page.

I think this has to do something with the adapter_plain service, How can I test that this service is configured properly.

In the transaction SICF this service is active.

Pls help.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

The test client that Varun had mentioned works well.Please try again.

(http://f5.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wJnbQu6GPHQthUob_aQEOu9V1CddkD_l4hSZPvSky68eDjdF1pkmykxxLFQokYAzKJIJ3K46qPyMHhdlbBaORNlYG4Zj2rpB/HttptestClient_adapter.zip)

Make necessary changes ie mention ur server host,client and serevr service,service user and password....perhaps u could have gone wrong here.Also paste ur mapping in the 'type in xml column'.

Hope this clue helps..

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for the help.

I have done all necessary changes.

I get "An error occurred when refreshing the XI runtime cache" when click on the Send button.

When I goto Tcode SXI_CACHE, I get the error

Unable to refresh cache contents

Error occured last attempt to refresh cache

When I double click on teh error I get

Error ID - Business_System

No Integration server

Trying to resolve this now.

If you have a clue, pls help.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

In the configuration,since ur using an HTTP adapter to send the input, there is no need of a sender agreement.

The interface determination, Receiver determination and receiver agreements are done just as are done usually!

To import an RFC right click on your imported Archives and give the R/3 parameters and u can easily import any RFC.

Regards,

Divya

Message was edited by: Divya Vidyanandan Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

For RFC adapters.. have a look at michal's blog.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

and for HTTP Adapters u have follow this link..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/79973cc73af456e10000000a114084/content.htm

Best of luck

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You have already created the interfaces(yes you need to create 2 msge types and msg interfaces).I assume your scenario as a whole is synchronous.hence you need to make your message interfaces sync async ones.In teh interface mapping specify your message intefaces and teh mapping program used.

In the ID ,create a buisness system(for your r/3) and a communication channel.For http as sender theres is no need to create a sender agreeement.then rest is the same (creation of recvr detrermination and interface deteremination and recvr agreement).

please revert back for further queries.

regards

Priyanka

Message was edited by: Priyanka Balagangadharan

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Yes what you are doing is right. Now import your RFC.

1.Create Message Mapping between the Message Interface for UserName Message type and RFC.

2.Create Inteface Mapping between the Outbound Interface and RFC.

<b>Configuration</b>

1. Add the business system which has the RFC to the scenario.

2. Create Communication channel for communicating with the RFC (receiver)

3. <i>You don't need communication channel for HTTP</i>.

4. <i>Also Sender Agreement is not needed</i>.

5. Now create Receiver Agreement, Interface Determination and Receiver Agreement.

Have a look at the following weblog :

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards

Suraj