cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI crashes after activating file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to get a file - idoc scenario (file sender adapter) configured, but as soon as I change my "Server" settings under FTP connection parameters, or the "source folder" and I activate the communication channel, XI hangs up completely! I then have to call our admin to restart the whole machine. Does anybody know about that problem and what this is about?

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This could happen when the file is too big and the heap size of the Java memory is too small. Check the server log for details.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The file is about 1k big and I've even set the status of the adapter to "inactive". It has to be something about the source path or ftp path, but even if I enter a wrong value and activite the system shouldn't crash!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your database diskspace, this usually happens when the database can't commit.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you check are you able to ping to the FTP server from your machine, how fast you are able to login using the FTP command.

While XI is trying to put the data to the FTP, check the User Names,PWD using the FTP command from OS. Can you tell me how many records you are trying to send?

regards

Nisar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

yes I can ping the FTP Server and I can also access it via my local explorer.

I'm not even trying to send or receive data, I just need to activate the communication channel in the first place. While activating the XI crashes. This happens before any file can even be received or sent.

It defiantly has to do with the ftp path which is entered into the ftp connection parameters within the adapter, but how can that lead to a total system crash?? like I said, I even set the adapter to "inactive" before I activate the change list...