cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Com. Channel of type XI: URL and logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am stuck with a set of scenarios and business processes in XI. Just to give an overview: I have a business process in XI which I would like to be called from several other processes. But I would like to do this without replicating the information in scenarios.

Therefore I figured if it is possible to do a workaround like this:

- in one (initiating) scenario I send a message to "external XI system"

- in the second (receiving scenario) I would define the same XI system as "external XI system" that sends and asynchronous message.

This way (what was the idea) I could reuse the second scenario in several business scenarios where the second process must be initiated.

To implement this I created communication channels to Integration Directory but I am stuck with the parameters of the receiver channel (as the sender channel does not have very meny parameters at all).

What is the URL of the XI receiver adapter? From help it seems to be http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI

Is this correct?

What logon should I use? Using the abouve mentioned url I have managed to get a XML response in my web browser after I added SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER_MAIN role to my account. But using my user credentials in the channel logon fields results with error "HTTP response contains status code 401 with the description Unauthorized Authorization error when sending using HTTP (error code: 401, error text: Unauthorized)" when I try to execute the scenarios. What logon information and/or configuration is needed to send a message to XI (as it would be an external XI system) using XI type adapter?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Therefore I figured if it is possible to do a

> workaround like this:

> - in one (initiating) scenario I send a message to

> "external XI system"

> - in the second (receiving scenario) I would define

> the same XI system as "external XI system" that sends

> and asynchronous message.

> This way (what was the idea) I could reuse the second

> scenario in several business scenarios where the

> second process must be initiated.

This is not possible. A message cannot be sent from XI to itself.

But why cannot the first BP call the second BP directly?

Regards

Stefan

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned it shortly in the beginning there are several "first BP"s.

In more details: I have three different scenarios (with different business functions and therefore it is not possible to merge these scenarios together into one) in which if a business partner error occurs the scenario "search for the partner from external systems and insert into our system" is executed.

What if I use SOAP adapters to send a message from XI to itself? Might I be lucky?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could use SOAP or HTTP adapter, but you would lose the EO handling.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I needed to have asynchronous data transfer the SOAP adapter works fine.

Thanks for the hint.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need adapters for BPMs.

And you can have calls from BPMs to other BPMs. No problem with that.

Im not really understanding your problem.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify myself. If I would have all BPs in one scenario it would be really simple. But I have three different scenarios that have the same (quite complex) scenario as a possible followup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update. I found a document and now the sending actually works... (sap/xi/engine?type=entry as path).

But I am stuck in another error: LOOP_IN_MESSAGE_ROUTING

Seems that the XI message is canceled when received by the XI adapter as the message has already been in that system. So I figure now this type of workaround is almost impossible.

Am I right?