cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Back-end systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have a question which for i didn't find an anwser after searching on the SDN.

I made a Web Dynpro application pointing with an RFC to my ABC system(back end SAP). What i wan't is to be able to change this RFC to point to DEV and later TST.

I found an anwser with an url mapping but i wondered if it was possible to change it in the project.

As far as i remember when i tried it (some months ago for another application) it didn't work.

Any hint would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found my answer in the blog "Web Dynpro Adapative RFC - How to change Logical System Names after Model Import"

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In order change your back end system , you can do it in the content administrator where the JCo's are maintained.

Steps to Change the Sytem

Goto -><b>Content Administrtator->WebDynPro->Select Maintain Jco->Select the JCo (which you are using)->Edit(Seen parallel to the JCo)</b>It will show some steps

In the step 2 use can see the <b>Message Server</b> option where the Defined Systems are displayed.There you have to change to which System.

Regards

Chandran S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Would you like to change only RFC destination or change the whole application destination ?

RFC can be changed easily in wdp content administrator.

If you want to change the server where application is deployed just change the parameter in the developper studio preferences.

Anyway the better way is to use NWDI and declare DEV/QAL/PROD environnement.

Hope it helps,

Best regards,

Sylvain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

I don't want to change where the application is deployed (that's what iam using to pass from DEV to PROD. But i want to change the RFC DESTINATION.

I have someting like RFC_Metadata_DestABC and would like to change it to RFC_Metadata_Dest, same for the...ModelData_Dest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So may be this link could interest you :