cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion about Configurations on File - XI - IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I gone thru some blogs which was related to File to IDOC and IDOC to File and i checked the ALE configurations at both sides..

Still i have lots of confusions based on some threads...

for eg., for File - XI - IDOC

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC&

I have gone through this thread and i found, they haven't created RFC Destination and PORT at R/3 side. But, in XI side they created RFC Destination, Port and partnerprofiles..

So, finally could you pls conclude me the configurations about File to IDOC which is must necessary..

is it necessary to create RFC Destination and PORT while doing the scenarios like File to IDOC and IDOC to File.

Regards,

YRaj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While doing File to IDOC, i have to mention RFC Dest, PORT and partnerprofile at R/3 side and RFC Dest, PORT at XI side as well...

without mention RFC Dest and Port at R/3 side is not working...

thanks for your advises...

Regards,

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to define these RFC destinations for establishing communication between these two systems. without which this will fail...

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

as pratibha says, practically it should require and she tried also...

But, definetely i can agree with you ...logically, there we don't require configurations for RFC Dest. and Port at R/3 side for File to IDOC Scenario. Because already we mentioned this in XI side.

Let me check this scenario and as well as i will try to close this thread..

anyway thanks for your all valuable replies...

<b>Note</b> : Pls. suggest me on this...if anybody... while doing File to IDOC scenario

Regards,

YRaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes definitely, any updates shall be discussed.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Aamir...

So, the configurations about <b>IDOC - XI - File</b> is,

ie., sending the data from R/3 to XI.

<b>R/3 side:</b>

1) RFC Destination which points to XI

2) Port and Partner profiles should create

Am i correct ..?

<b>XI side:</b>

What are the configurations require here?

and the configurations about <b>File - XI - IDOC</b> is,

<b>XI side:</b>

1) RFC Destination which points to R/3

2) Port creation (IDX1)

Am i correct ..?

<b>R/3 side:</b>

What are the configurations require here?

Could you please give me the clear ALE configurations for both the scenarios here.

Thanks & Regards,

YRaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Earlier we had discussions on the settings done in R/3 in file-xi-idoc,

As said when we r maintaining RFC nport in xi then why this in R/3,

Ya true, but practically when i completed this scenario it has thrown err when opting not to create an port which eventualy got ok when i did ALE config(port RFC distributed profile etc) in receiving end also,

U do it and let us know,

so in file xiidoc

in R/3

partner profile

port

rfc

distribute it BD64

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As i told you in the previous thread also, no port and RFc is required for File to IDoc at R/3 side.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Aamir,

Could you please explain the Configurations at R/3 side and XI side for

File - XI - IDOC and why?

Because, I have seen lot of threads here and even some of experts are saying it should required to create at both sides ....like IDOC to XI.

So, could you pls explain it clearly and why they're not require and how the XI recognize the R/3 system without giving RFC Destination and PORT.

Regards,

YRaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

yeah i know its kinda confusing:)

well in File to IDOC if you think logically why would u need to configure port and RFC destination on the R/3 side?since you are sending the data from XI machine to the R/3 machine,only the XI system must know where and how to send the data,why should R/3 machine know about XI(coz R/3 is not sending any data back).

similarly in case of IDOC to File ,you are sending data from R/3 to XI so no need of any configurations on XI side coz R/3 must know where to send the data and since XI machine is not sending anything back why should it know about R/3 machine

does this makes sense:)

thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here my doubts is :

<b>File - XI - IDOC</b>: shall we need to create RFC Destination and PORT at R/3 side.

or could you please send me any docs., which is related to File - IDOC with screen shots.

Regards,

YRaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In XI you need to create Port & RFC.

At R/3 you need to create Port, Partner Profile & RFC.

Regards

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

>>File - XI - IDOC: shall we need to create RFC Destination and PORT at R/3 side.

no,not required ,only RFC dest and port on the XI side must be correct,you do need partner profile on R/3 side though.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC Destination and Port can be created to talk with the R/3 System for tranfering the Idoc. So for receving and sending Idoc, we need this configuration.

Warm Regards,

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

>>>But, in XI side they created RFC Destination, Port and partnerprofiles..

Is that mentioned in the link which you provided???

We don't create partner profile in XI side. We always create partner profile in the system which is receiving or sending the idoc.

Regards,

Sumit