cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_SOL_KW_DIS not sufficient when accessing SOLMAN documents using URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I have a question regarding Note 786433 - Accessing Solution Manager Documents Using URL. This note says that the service user should at least have the role SAP_SOL_KW_DIS, but if the user only has this role, I get a "You do not have authorization for this function" in IE when I enter one of the generated URLs into IE.

If I on the other hand assign the role SAP_SOLAR_AC to the service user, the anonymous connection works.

My questions are thus:

1. What could be the reason to why the SAP_SOL_KW_DIS role is not sufficient in my case?

2. What is the consequences of using the SAP_SOLAR_AC role instead? Will this give the anonymous users unwanted access somewhere else, like write permission on the documents perhaps?

Any help will be rewarded.

Best regards,

Martin Søgaard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

annett_michel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

to 1: The role should be sufficient. Did you maintain it properly in transaction PFCG, generated the profile and executed the user comparison for it?

to 2: SAP_SOLAR_AC is actually not the up-to-date role and contains authorization for more than just KNowledge Warehouse. So you might have more authorization than needed.

Best regards,

Annett