cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Residence Times for Archiving Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Archiving Experts,

I am working on an analysis Project.I have finalised the List of Archiving Objects and need the residence times fro each archiving object.

Can any one let me know the source from which i can get the Standard SAP Recommended / the BEST PRACTICE for taking the Residence Time for the Archiving Objects...

Mainly : FI, CO , HR Transaction Area Archiving Objects....

Thanks.Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Residence times for archive objects usually differ from company to company as it depends on the needs of the business (and what they will agree to). Some companies will use a standard residence time across all archive objects to make it easy for everyone to remember. For example, some companies will use Current Year plus 2 as a base for all of the transactional data. The technical archive objects (such as idoc's, application logs, etc.), will have a shorter residence time.

Some of the HR objects will have a 2 year residence time hardcoded into the archive programs which you cannot change.

The book Archiving Your SAP Data from SAP Press gives some examples of common residence times. The second edition of this book is now available but I have not seen that yet and do not know if this version provides additional information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin Tillotson ,

I was happy to see your reply. Thanks very much for your valuable information.Thanks once again.

Cheers..

Kumar.

SAP Archiving Analyst