cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVS null pointer exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I 've in a table with an input field column in which I injected a list of options.

I am encountered an exception error when I enter a filter value in the second column, the display text column, and hit enter. In the first column, the ID column , thing is fine, no error and if I hit the filter icon , the table will be filtered.

May I ask what is causing this?

Thanks,

Yung siu wai

The error is as follow:

-

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.comp.valuehelp.evs.overlay.util.KeyAndTextContainmentCriteria.satisfies(KeyAndTextContainmentCriteria.java:32)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.comp.valuehelp.evs.overlay.util.FilteredIterator.hasNext(FilteredIterator.java:44)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.comp.valuehelp.evs.overlay.util.AppDataFilter.getFilteredAppData(AppDataFilter.java:62)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.comp.valuehelp.evs.overlay.EVSOverlay.getFilteredEVSDataNodeElements(EVSOverlay.java:367)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.comp.valuehelp.evs.overlay.EVSOverlay.supplyEVSData(EVSOverlay.java:332)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.comp.valuehelp.evs.overlay.wdp.InternalEVSOverlay.supplyEVSData(InternalEVSOverlay.java:195)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.comp.valuehelp.evs.overlay.wdp.IPublicEVSOverlay$IEVSDataNode.doSupplyElements(IPublicEVSOverlay.java:225)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Node.supplyElements(Node.java:406)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Node.getElementList(Node.java:345)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Node.createMappedElementList(Node.java:498)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Node.supplyElements(Node.java:393)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Node.getElementList(Node.java:345)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Node.getElements(Node.java:333)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.Node.size(Node.java:721)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cant get you clearly. But, I think you are trying to do EVS.

I will tell you the steps for creating an EVS. Try it..

1. Create a simple dictionary type.

2. Give enumeration values( KEY and Text).

3. Create an attribute in context, and set its 'datatype' property to the dictionary simple type you have created.

4. Create an Input Field UI Element in the view, and just bind it to the attribute.

5. Now save and deploy.

regards,

Prabhakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

Sorry if that's confusing.

And yes I am doing a EVS.

I do have a attribute which I binded it to a column editor in my table.

That would be step 3 and 4 referring to your steps.

But instead of doing step 1 and 2 , which is to create dictionary and then the atribute, in my case, I have the attribute already and what I did is to modify the attribute's with the following function. But then I am getting the error during filtering.

Thanks and Regards,

yung siu wai

-

public void setAttributeValueSet( com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDAttributeInfo attributeInfo, com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDNode node, java.lang.String label, java.lang.String fieldId, java.lang.String fieldDesc )

{

//@@begin setAttributeValueSet()

ISimpleTypeModifiable simpleType = attributeInfo.getModifiableSimpleType();

simpleType.setFieldLabel(label);

IModifiableSimpleValueSet valueSet = simpleType.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

valueSet.clear();

valueSet.put(null,"");

for (int i = 0; i < node.size(); i++) {

IWDNodeElement element = node.getElementAt(i);

valueSet.put(element.getAttributeValue(fieldId),(String)element.getAttributeValue(fieldDesc));

}

//@@end

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My mistake is

valueSet.put(null,"");

I changed it to

valueSet.put("","");

yung siu wai