Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Month of Extraction and Forecast Period for DP PLanning Results Saving

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Need help on following points :

(a) On a rolling horizon I need to reinitialise the planning area every month for the forecast horizon and history horizon .

(b) Prior to reinitializing I need to save the planning results in BW .

(c) But I want the results to be saved basis month of extraction of forecast and the forecast period . such that July07 forecast extracted in May07 as well as say July07 forecast extracted in June07 .

Could you please suggest a way in which I can save the planning results because I need to compare the July07 forecast per point (c) and after reinitializing the planning data of the past is available for analysis .

Thanks and Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Are you using process chains? If yes, you can just automate all these three. You can also do that manually.

"(a) On a rolling horizon I need to reinitialise the planning area every month for the forecast horizon and history horizon ."

You Can reinitialize either manually or using the program /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE as Harish said. I guess you understand that reinit. may loose your current data

"(b) Prior to reinitializing I need to save the planning results in BW . "

Create a datasource for your planning area in planning area maintenance, you can find this in your infosources-datamarts. Creata an inforpak and load to a destination. You calways automate this in a process chain.

"(c) But I want the results to be saved basis month of extraction of forecast and the forecast period . such that July07 forecast extracted in May07 as well as say July07 forecast extracted in June07 ."

You can do this pretty much the same way above in a process chain.

Hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish and Visu ,

I understood the first two points but am unable to find the right way to save every month planning results in BW with clear data differentiated for date of extraction of forecasting and the forecast periods .

Infact a way I read could be to write a macro to save say January2007 extracted final demand plan KF in a KF Jan2007 , Feb2007 in another KF next month in February 2007 . This would save the results in BW in different KFs and forecasts can be compared later .

But concern with this method is that I would end up adding an additional Key Figure with name of the month every month in the planning area which could make the PA with more and more data .

Please comment if I am correct on my understanding .

Thanks and Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

not really. you dont have to create all the KF in APO. You just need one KF.

if you are backing it in BW, you can save it as a request and you should be able to extract the data from the request from a report form based on the forecast in each request

I would assume your BW consultant will be able to do that. Visu should be able to explain better....

Former Member
0 Kudos

a) you can automatically initialize planning areas using program

/SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE and when saving the variants, use dynamic selection variable (or a table variant) and your dates will roll over automatically

you can then set this up as a background job that is scheduled regularly

Pls check posts on Dynamic date variables for some more details

b) saving the Planning area into BW is discussed in recent threads which you can search with keywords " Backup infocube"

basically it entails saving planning area through a data source into an infocube which can be in BW or APO

c) you can take snapshots of results from different planning periods in BW and may need to write a report if you want a comparison.

if you just want a few periods to be compared you can use a macro to populate last months forecast based on what it is after forecasting. you might need a TSCOPY job to save it