cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling RFCs from Web through XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have used SAP.NET connector in the past to call RFCs from ASP.NET pages from our public website. We have now decided to use XI as the enterprise integration engine going forward.I am interested to know whether anybody has used XI to call RFCs from ASP.NET webpages. I do know that the XI to SAP calls would be made through RFC adapter.Will the communication from ASP.NET page to XI be thourgh the HTTP adapter ? or is there any other smarter way. Can somebody point me to sample code for the calls through http adapter or a how to guide?

cheers

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U have scenario like this ASP.NET->XI->RFC, that means u will send a value from the ASP.NET page to RFC thru XI and then this RFC will give result which will come to ASP.NET frontend.

For this go thru this blog it will help u to understand how to communicate from ASP.NET to XI

<b>https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/weblogs.sdn?blog=/pub/wlg/1442</b [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]> [original link is broken]

Code Sample is provided in the blog.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Arpit Seth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For such a communication channel to work, is it necessary to have .NET connector installed on the ASP .NET side or installed at all? I think the answer is NO, since the RFC call is through Web Service...Is this right? Can someone enlighten?

Regards,

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

The blog mentioned about generating .NET proxies using WSDL provided by XI as the best approach. I do like this approach. This is what we did when we used SAP.NET connector in the previous project. Visual studion.net generated Proxy classes for SAP RFC function modules and we called these proxy classes from ASP.NET pages.

Is there any documentation on "How to generated .net proxy classes based on XI provided WSDL". What tool is used for this purpose ?

cheers

Ramesh.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Just add the WSDL provided by XI into your ASP.NET project as a Web Reference. You can see all the proxy classes used in the wsdl file there.

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards

Suraj

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

<i>>>I do know that the XI to SAP calls would be made through RFC adapter</i>

Yes, you are right...

<i>>>Will the communication from ASP.NET page to XI be thourgh the HTTP adapter ? or is there any other smarter way</i>

You have to go for SOAP adapter, then you can easily publish it as a web service.

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards

Suraj