cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ModelData and MetaData Mapping in JCo Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

<b>i tried the example given in webdynpro tutorials(Creating a Web Dynpro Application Accessing ABAP Functions)

but i got dout while creating JCo connection

After clicking "Create" button of WD_FLIGHT_MODELDATA_DEST

two radiobuttons of 1)modeldata 2)metadata are comming

if i select modeldata for both WD_FLIGHT_MODELDATA_DEST, WD_FLIGHT_RFC_METADATA_DEST it is giving test sucess but while running it is giving errror as</b>

Error stacktrace:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type extern:com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tutorial.model.types.FlightModel:com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tutorial.model.types.Bapisfldat could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException:

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getStructure(DataTypeBroker.java:297)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:753)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:761)

<b>If i select modeldata for WD_FLIGHT_MODELDATA_DEST and metadata for WD_FLIGHT_RFC_METADATA_DEST it is giving testfails</b>

so can u plz solve my problem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a new JCO(for both Meta Data,Model Data) connection in Content administrator>Webdynpro>Create JCO destination

and Make use of that Jco.Otherwise check the status of your Meta data.ModelData Jco connection in Content administrator>Webdynpro>Maintain Jco destination.

Regards

Nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The backend to which to connect at Runtime is not the same as the backend from which you imported the model. This could cause inconsistencies. You need to run with the same backend from where you imported your model.

regards

ambicasony

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Hi

May be That Bapi is inactive

Regards

Chandran S</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u elaborate and tell how to make Bapis active

former_member187990
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In JCo Creation, you have to select Model data and Meta data for a pair.The Model Data is to get the actual data(i.e Records) and The Meta data is to get the Data about the Tables and Structures.So you have to use Both the Model and Meta data.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Do u mean that we have to select Modeldata RadioButton for WD_MODELDATA_DEST and metadata radiobutton WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST after clicking CREATE button on each of them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

Comment ur code for executing the rfc model in component controller & then try running the application.If still u get the same error,check Sap Note 991175.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

It is giving the same error eventhough i commented the code in custom controller(code for executing bapis)..and runned the application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

can u give the full link of Sap Note 991175.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi padma,

Check Sap Note 991175.Its a bug .we got it for some other bapi.If u r using 7.0 patch 11,a hotfix is available for this.In the note everything is specified.

U can get this note at www.service.sap.com.In that u have to give the sap note no. & search for that.

regards

Sumit

Message was edited by:

Sumit Malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Can u explain the procedure for JCo's conncetion...

I have dout which radio button to select for WD_FLIGHT_MODELDATA and for WD_FLIGHT_RFC_METADATA after clicking CREATE button while establishing connection