cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception "duplicate usage of view .<viewname>"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a webDynpro DC with 3 views, say view 1 , view 2, view 3. Based on the type of request, i need to have the respective view as the default view. To achieve this, :

a. I created a master view which has ViewContainer as the UI element. This container has the 3 views as mentioned eralier embeded in it.

b. master view is now the default view for the application.

The navigation to the required view works perfectly fine. However, there is also internal link to each of these views. i.e say on view 1, there is a link to view 2. on click of that link, the navigation should happen to this view. but during this, i get an exception : "duplicate usage of view . View2"

Could you let me know, is this the correct way to achieve my requirement ? How can i resolve this issue.

Regards,

Apeksha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

chk it

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/1f/464941db42f423e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

In Webdynpro Application Navigation is nothing but switching over from one view

to another view say view1 to View2. This can be done by plugs.

There are two types of plug:

1)Inbound Plug

2)OutBound Plug

In every first view has its default inboung plug. At the time when you call

your webdynpro application , interface will call this default inbound plug.

So only we can see our first page in the web browser.

Navigation between two views defined by Outbound and inbound plugs. Which can be connected by Navigation Links. Assume that you are in View1. When you trigger the outbound plugs the corresponding action will be carried out and the navigation will takeplace to a inpound plug which is linked with the corresponding outbound plug.

For more information please gothrough this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/5f/45093f7c392e5ae10000000a114084/content.htm

I dont think we can do Navigations without plugs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanwalpreet

It is not every first view that contains a default inbound plug but when you embed an Interface view it contains a default inbound plug. When u create an inbound plug a default event handler is automatically generated onPlug<Name of Plug>.

Regards

ambicasony

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am navigating from view1 to view2 by using plugs.It is only while firing the outbound plug, i get this exception. I get this exception on call of this plug only. I read a forum in sdn which says that a view cannot be re-used. There is a similar issue raised to which the reply was to create component " the idea is that "component" is the unit of reuse, while "view" is a singleton within its component instance. ".

Cant i re-use a view ??

Regards,

Apeksha

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes view is singelton n u cant reuse it...u hv 2 embed it in a component to reuse it

The only unit of re-use is a Web Dynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I suggest you check or perform your Views and Navigation links once again.

regards

ambicasony