Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving (MM module)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a task in Archiving few MM objects,

I know that it is done thru SARA, but i just wanted to know a better idea about the process...

Requesting help on the same...

Also i have the following queries about Archiving

1) What is the main purpose of Archiving

2) Will archived objects slowdown the over all SAP Performance, if the location of the archived objects is within the same system...

3)Can the archived objects be retrived, if YES ... HOW?

4)After the archived objects are retrived can they be reused, or are they can only be displayed...

Looking forward for the best help...

Reward points for sure if it solves my purpose...

Thanks a Million in advance

Regards

Hari haran.v

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here's some information about the Archiving process:

1) What is the main purpose of Archiving

Optimize your DB size removing (and putting them offline) documents from different modules that aren't being used any longer (or are used sporadically).

2) Will archived objects slowdown the over all SAP Performance, if the location of the archived objects is within the same system...

No, archiving doesnt affect the system performance. You can store your archiving files in hard disks, CDs, another storage media and put them online (for visualization) whenever you need them.

3)Can the archived objects be retrived, if YES ... HOW?

You can visualize the documents once they are archived with trx SARI. Once they are archived, you can't reverse the process.

4)After the archived objects are retrived can they be reused, or are they can only be displayed...

You can visualize the information of this documents, but once they are archived you can't make any other process with them. In fact, you should always make your archiving over closed documents (with the whole business cycle completed).

The process for Archiving is easy but you should do it carefully, specially to determine what documents are going to be archived.

1. In trx DB15 you can check what archiving objects you are going to use to archive the tables you want (you can check the size of your tables as well)

2.. Trx SARA you start using the archiving object are for each one you are going to make a job to write the selected documents (depending of the archiving objects you can select a date range, document class, etc). into archiving files.

3. After the archiving files are created, you can Delete those documents from the database. SAP removes the documents just if they are found in the archiving files (to check the consistency).

After the archiving process you can move your archiving files to the storage media you choose. Then you can access the archived information using trx SARI and creating and Archive Infostructure if necessary to query and visualize the information.

Hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANK YOU sooo much,

Its very useful info for me...

Million thanks to u

wish to get help at all times...

Hari haran.V