Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No run time error is comming for invalied TYPE in DataType

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI All,<br><br>

Iam doing a simple file to file scenario. The issue is, I have declared data type and one field as<br><br>

Id -- Element -- xsd:date --- 1 (occurrence)<br><br>

and in the input file i have give the filed Id as<br>

"asdf"<br><br>

I should get an error, because the Id is xsd:date and i have give characters................. but I am not getting any runtime error. <br><br>

Can any one give me the reason.<br>

Thank you<br>

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not that currently in XI there is no validation of the XSD/DTD data type.

So all the data that comes into XI is treated as a String.

So even if Id -- Element -- xsd:date --- 1 (occurrence) is mentioned in the data type, it is treated as a string inside XI. So you will not see any error.

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for that clarification.<br><br>

<u>Structure</u>-<u>Category</u>-<u>Type</u>-----<u>Occurrence</u>-<u>Details</u>--

<u>Default</u>--

<u>Description</u><br>

Date--

Element-xsd:date----1
maxLength="1"
12-02-2007-This is date<br><br><br>

In <u>Details</u> we can give so many things minlength, maxLenth, Pattern, Enumerate, whitespace.. and by this we can restrict the input type. <br> If XI doesn't check whether the input xml is valid or not, then we end up working on wrong date ( not intended data). Is there any way to validate the XML (input data) before we work on it. <br>

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will have to do some work around to validate the messages based on the XSD - for example a methodology defined here; /people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/03/21/validating-messages-in-xi-using-xml-schema

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it is a problem with XI.. i guess it is a bug in XI... because we are facing the same problem .. for implementing validation we are using UDF.....

ideally XI should give error if xml format is not as per the xsd set in XI but it does not ....