cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASP and R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to connect SAP R/3 through ASP Page (Already Developed application).

Can i get information about how to proceed from connecting ASP with SAP R/3. How do I create the DCOM Connection using R/3 DCOM Connector

Regards

Abdullah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

the R/3 DCOM Connector is not supported by SAP any more.

An option might be to develop a com callable wrapper as described in the following threads

What is the release of the SAP System you want to connecto to ?

If it is based on the SAP Web Application Server 6.20 or higher you could try to publish a remote enabled function module as a Web service that can be called using ASP technologie.

Best regards,

André

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

U can use SAP.NETConnector to connect SAP R/3 from ASP page.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/51/d5470940fd564b888f4beb9523fa6c/content.htm">Creating ASP .NET Web Applications Using the SAP .NET Connector</a>

<a href="http://www.microsoft-sap.com/pdf/dotnetconnector.nov02.pdf">SAP.NetConnector</a>

Hope it Helps...

Regards,

Vinoth.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I am using ASP and not ASP.NET.

Regards

Abdullah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

how are you doing ?

ASP does give you the possibility to make HTTP GET & POST requests

this is a simple and effective way to call SAP Web services (as previously recommended by Andre)

if your SAP system is > 4.7, every FM can be exposed as a Web Service, otherwise it is a good solution to create Web Services in ASP.NET ( on a separate server) as an intermediate using the SAP .NET Connector, and then reference those from the ASP code

It is a one time effort, but i am curious as to how long further will you use the ASP 3.0 system, if it is not too long, then it might be simpler to move the application to ASP.NET 2.0

so let me know about your system landscape and i will try to come up with the best solution for u're situation

with respect,

amit