Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Goods:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD GRURU s

I have a query on free goods ;

Q: I Have 50 Materials , During this season i want to offer one material as free of cost if customer takes three materials which are fixed as compulsory if he wants to quaifies to a free good(i.e.ABC(COMPULSARY PURCHASE AND D will be free of charge item)

Full Points for a correct n useful answer.

Regards.

Susheel Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard SAP does not allow such a functionalty. Free goods with more than one item or free goods with BOM.

You can achieve this by manually by adding item D in the sales order where ABC are in the prescribed quantity, then manually change the item category to 'TANN' for item D.

You need to do a small end user training for achieving this

Regards,

PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since freegoods has lot of limitations in SAP, I feel the best way is to go as BOM.

In this U consider A,B&C which are compulsory, as subitems and it should be sub-item level pricing.

Now u create a new dummy item D for which u assign ur free good and the price for this would be zero, assign this dummy item as subitem no 4 in ur BOM and try doing it.

It is a flashy idea, if it works excellent.

Bye

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can use BOM.

But if those 50 materials are from the same group of materials you can create a price condition type with quantity scale and condition records should be the group of material.

Afterwards you have to assign this condition to pricing procedure.

Hope helps.

Arthur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arthur,

I think we can not do this, as it doesnot support creating another line item for the free item as the bom itself will occupy the next two line items, if you are sure please let us know how to set item category determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this

"Free goods can only be supported on a 1:1 ratio. This means that an order item can lead to a free goods item. Agreements in the following form are not supported: ‘With material 1, material 2 and material 3 are free of charge‘ or ‘If material 1 and material 2 are ordered at the same time, then material 3 is free of charge‘.

Free goods are not supported in combinations with material structures (for example, product selection, BOM, variants with BOM explosion).

Free goods are only supported for sales orders with document category C (for example, not quotations).

Free goods are not supported for deliveries without reference to a sales order.

Free goods cannot be used in make-to-order production, third-party order processing and scheduling agreements.

If you defined a free goods for variants in a generic article (only SAP Retail), you can only process the variants in the purchase order and goods receipt individually (as single articles). In other words, you cannot process them using the generic article matrix."

chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Susheel,

quite generally, you cannot offer the free goods if the customer takes three other materials in a combination. It is also impossible due to quantities, because for A, B and C materials the quantities must have a level which should satisfy for a free good process. I understand that may be the quantity of 1 would be enough, but generally free goods are offered only if a determined quantity but of a one material will be reached. It is a standard functionality.

To solve your problem, I would suggest tzo use a BOM functionality. Here you can combine all three materials into a BOM (as sub-items) and if BOM is sold then a free good item will be added.

Or you can include a free good sub-item item into the BOM directly. This way should also allow you to reach the result desired.

I hope, this info helps you a little bit further.

Kind Regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany