cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to design this kind Roadmap??

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are 3 buttons on the screen, and each button corresponds to one Roadmap step. The roadmap and all the buttons are on one same view, the next/previous button were no used.

when we press button1, the roadmap step1 should be highlighted - changed color.

when we press button2, the roadmap step2 should be highlighted - changed color.

So how to design this kind roadmap?? Thanks for your kind help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the button event handler, you need to bind the selectedStep property of the roadmap to whichever step you want to be selected.

But, why do you want to have buttons to do this? You can do it when you click on the step itself right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

But, why do you want to have buttons to do this? You can do it when you click on the step itself right?

--- Actually, our requirement is

1> click 'search'button - its corresponding roadmap step1 should be highlighted.

2> after search, some suitable data were selected out and displayed in one ALV container. Press one line of ALV - its corresponding roadmap step2 should be highlighted.

3> Show content of the selected ALV line in one text-field on screen - its corresponding roadmap step2 should be highlighted.

I just make the requiremnt little simple to clacify. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, little modification:

1> click 'search'button - its corresponding roadmap step1 should be highlighted.

2> after search, some suitable data were selected out and displayed in one ALV container. Press one line of ALV - its corresponding roadmap step2 should be highlighted.

3> Show content of the selected ALV line in one text-field on screen - its corresponding roadmap step3 should be highlighted.

Here the roadmap step only be used as tag, no action was reacted when clicking on the step itself. Thanks.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For the Roadmap control there is one property

selectedStep bind it with a context attribute of type string.

just set the context attribute on different stages.

Regards

Abhimanyu L

Message was edited by:

Abhimanyu Lagishetti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Have a context attribute 'Selected_Step' of type string. Bind the selectedStep property of the roadmap control to this attribute. Depending on which step you wish to highlight, do a set_attribute of this context attribute. The highlighting will be taken care of automatically. In your case, in the doinit method, do a set_attribute( 'step1' ). Then in the event handler of the onSearch event, set attribute to step 2. And so on.

Hope this is clear.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Nithya ~~ I solved this by your advice.

codes like:

DATA: road_node TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node,

road_node_element TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_element.

road_node = wd_context->get_child_node( 'ROADMAP' ).

road_node_element = road_node->get_element( ).

road_node_element->set_attribute(

EXPORTING

name = `STEP`

value = 'STEP1 or 2,3...' ).

But I met one strange problem: on the screen, the number 1,2,3 of roadmap step can be displayed, but number 4 and 5 are missing... why this is happen?? seems very weird.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many steps have you defined in the roadmap? Do you have steps until 5?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes nithya, there are 5 steps in the roadmap.

here all the 5 steps are displayed on the screen, but the number of step 4,5 are missing.

Perhaps should I delete the roadmap and recreate it once more?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what could be the issue. You could try that, recreating the entire road map.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Just check whether the property <i><b>name</b></i> is filled in for your roadmap steps for steps 4 and 5.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neha, you are right!

grateful thanks to all of you once again!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

??

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To use RoadMap you can go through this applicaiton 'WDR_TEST_EVENTS'

there is a better understanding for all the controls in the above component.

Regards

Abhimanyu L