cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triggering alert with bpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you plz tell me what we are doing in container step of this blow blog ??

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

How we are going to generate the alert here by using container and control step ??

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Container Step - Filling the values for the alert variable.

Control Step - Used to raise/trigger alert.

Also check this link for steps in BPM.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/62/dcef46dae42142911c8f14ca7a7c39/content.htm

Read the above link you will have a better understanding

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sumit,

Could you plz elaborate further ?? what do you mean by filling the values for the alert variable. what is the purpose of that value ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer Michal Blog..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Might help you..

vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Suppose your BPM is related to processing or purchase orders. Some error happens in mapping inside BPM . You need to raise a alert. In that alert you want to send the purchase order number.

So you would use a container operation to fill the value of purchase order.

In the weblog which you have mentioned .. Michal fills the value of document number.

Regards,

Sumit

Message was edited by:

Sumit Khetawat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

If you see my first question you can understand that I was talking abt this blog ony!. I have gone through the this weblog but not able to make out exactly what is happening there.

Container is assigned with an expression. But not able to trace how this expression is used to validate the incoming message or number ?? I know how the control step is going to raise the alert. But want to know what the container step expression is doing here ?? what logic this expression has here in it ??

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

>>>But not able to trace how this expression is used to validate the incoming message or number ??

Dont get confused. As i mentioned earlier container step is just to fill some values.It doesnt validate anything .

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks sumit ! Its done.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this Blogs..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

regards,

vasanth.