cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Purchase Order type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

Can any one give me details about the configuration aspect of customer Purchase order type in Sales order.

Just FYI this is a field at Item level in SALES order.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this menu option you define the possible order types which indicate how the customer has transmitted an order.

When processing a sales document, you specify the order type for the purchase order data at header level. This specification is copied into the items.

At the line items you can enter the purchase order type also but then it is better to give it at the header level. If there are suppose 20 items in a sales order giving the purchase order type at the header level is easier and is applicable for all 20 line items.

For the configuration of the purchase order type:

IMG-Sales & Distribution-Sales -Sales Documents-Sales document header-Define purchase order types.

Here you can create your own purchase order type also.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope it doesnt help as this is vendor PO type and not customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand the repeated answers. I need to know is there anywhere else in SPRO where in Customer PO Types has a role other than the 4 answers above

Thanks

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand the functionality and definition of PO TYPE in SPRO. Is there anywhere in SPRO where in we can determine the behaviour of the customer PO TYPE (Going into details of the particular PO Type). For example we can set the behaviour of ITEM category by going into the details option. I ask this because I can just see an option of defining a type and there is no way where in I can further configure the Custome PO TYPE.

Also is there a way that a Particular customer PO TYPE is tied to a Sales order type

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brendon,

The Customer purchase order type is to be used to enter the values manually:

- The customer purchase order type tells us the way in which the sales document (the inquiry or sales order, for example) arrives from the customer.

Use : Here You can record here whether the sales document arrived, for e.g, by

Orally, Telephone, Mail, Fax or thru Dealer Website.

To configure the same use the following path:

IMG> Sales and Distribution> Sales> Sales Documents> Sales Document Header--> Define Purchase Order Types.

I think the same can be used to arrive at a report to know what no. of Sales orders were generated using the Dealer Website network.

Hope the above information helps you.

REWARD if it helps you!!

Regards,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define Purchase Order Types

In this menu option you define the possible order types which indicate how the customer has transmitted a order.

When processing a sales document, you specify the order type for the purchase order data at header level. This specification is copied into the items.

Example

With the order type you can determine whether a sales order was received by telephone or fax.

Actions

1. Check how a customer can order a material in your company.

2. Specify an alphanumeric key for the order types with up to 4 characters, and a description.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customer purchase order type

The way in which the sales document (the inquiry or sales order, for example) arrives from the customer.

Use

You can record here whether the sales document arrived, for example, by telephone, mail, or fax.

Procedure

Enter one of the values predefined for your system.

You can define these predefined values in SPRO > IMG > Sales and Distribution > Sales > Sales Documents > Sales Document Header > Define Purchase Order Types.