cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD configuration on 6.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

And now for the deployment...

After finishing a Web Dynpro application that reads data from an SAP system (via BAPI FLIGHT_GETLIST), I receive an error message in my browser stating that the SDL has to be configured. Where is this done, and how? Any doc's available? Is it done in the miniSAP, the Eclipse IDE, or the DB Manager...?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Me too have the same problem: accessing a 4.6C system via WAS 6.40 (sneak-preview), and in order to let it run I have to configure SLD, but guide or tutorials does not help me very much.

Taked a look at

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/sap netweaver in the real world part ii.pdf

a recent (PDF) article published on SDN, where you can find an appendix on configuring SLD and JCO, but the hot topics are simply omitted.

If there is someone who has well accomplished this task, please give us some tips.

Pasquale Rossiello

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

We are also getting the same problem,

If any one can tell us the actual settings required for setting up SLD server to call an SAP RFC function module it would be great.

Thanks,

Atul/Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

any further development ?? i am facing the same problem

so could anyone help

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that we need to create Jco destinations for meta-data and application data using the webdynpro/welcome link.

I tried to create a SAP R/3 config thru the SLD admin (need to enter the SID, license key, database name, message server name etc). Even after that I am not able to see, in the software/product list the R/3 application server.

So not able to define the application server in SLD. Is this a basis related thing? How else do we make the applications work? Do we have to give the JCO destinations (meta/application data) for all webdynpro applications?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could create the RFC destinations in the SLD and also did the CIM client test. When I select WD_MODELDATA_DEST in the Web DynPro Administrator and choose edit, I get an error message saying Application server not maintained in the SLD.

I followed the form discussions posted by Ravi, Stefan.

I am still not able to run the application.

Please help.

Thanks

Paddie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Trond,

we will publish soon a document which explains how to configure the SDL. Stay tuned!

Cheers

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ivo!

In the meantime, can you explain what the "Visual Admin" tool is? I've seen some reference to it concerning my problem... not sure if it's the Management Console or any other tool, though.

Trond

hschaefer123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Trond,

if you look into the directory:

Sneak Preview WAS 6.40\J2EE-CD\IDE\eclipse\examples\

you find the "WebDynpro_FlightListReadme.pdf"

This doc describes the tasks you need to do to configure the sld.

1) You have to make an entry for the J2EE Engine

the path <Drive>:\usr\sap\<System ID>\JC00\j2ee\admin\go.bat (Visual Admin)

Description is in the "WebDynpro_FlightListReadme.pdf"

2) Configure your System Landscape Directory (SLD)

I didn't find any description for this, so i used the help pdf that can be started in the sld browser.

URL: http://localhost:50000/sld

First i imported the cim model as described.

Second i added/created a new Technical System of type "Web AS ABAP" for Step 3.

3) Configure the FlightApp with the J2EE Engine Web Dynpro Content Administrator

URL: http://localhost:50000/webdynpro/welcome

Description is in the "WebDynpro_FlightListReadme.pdf"

Some of the needed infos are found in different Forums. Using the search function helps to find best tips. You should also read the infos in the WebDynproForum.

P.S. If you have installed the WAS not on the local system, you have to change "localhost" by the IP or DNS.

Message was edited by: Holger Schaefer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK, I got the Visual Admin up & running... but cannot log on to any J2EE engine. I try port 3601, then port 50004, with any combination of userID's (j2eadm, SAPServiceJ2E, Adinistrator...) and passwords (sap, the pwd set during installation etc...); are there any secrets here? Administrator/sap definitely doesn't work. Is the port correct?

Besides, the http://localhost:50000 doesn't work. Is this the correct port? The J2EE services are up & running...

Trond

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, got around to starting the J2e manually and created the emergency user, which solved the above problem. Now, the problem is that i can't configure the SLD settings. My CIM connection data does not work. I've entered the hostname, port 3600 (for my 6.20 miniWAS BSP system), username bcuser / password minisap; is this the correct user to enter here?

Sorry for all these silly questions, but these tools are not as obvious and straightforward to install as, uhm, well... nevermind...

hschaefer123
Participant
0 Kudos

There's a sld comming with the Sneak Preview II. That's what you've to configure under

SLD Data Suplier -> CIM Client Generation Settings

Use the localhost or the IP of your server and Port 50000 with user Administrator and your password entered during installation.

Now you can do a "CIMClient Test" run.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well Trond,

it's part of the program that we want to hear your critics, so don't hold it back....

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help so far. I've managed to configure the SLD using the SLD.pdf (which I had to search for manually on my system, because my rights to log on to localhost:50000/sld were not yet sufficient). I'll post a new thread with the complete procedure in a day or two for anyone interested.

Trond

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I'll

> post a new thread with the complete procedure in a

> day or two for anyone interested.

Please do so, I'm really stuck with it and I have no clue whats wron.

I can create JCO Connections using the configured Application Server. But the Message Server is always not functioning, cause he doesn't get the data from my SLD.

Why has SAP wiped out the old Method of using RFC in WebDypro Models?

Was it to hard to just add the adaptive RFC. For developers it's quite uninteresting to get this SLD up. So just both versions and I would have been happy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now, the final problem seems to be the deployment itself. Whether I use the SDM or deploy from within Eclipse, I get the same message: Deployment aborted. Unable to log on to [hostname] with user Administrator. Security credentials insufficient/wrong...

The error is basically the same as reported by S. Radhakrishnan on October 28, 2003 (Error in deploying first Webdynpro at SDM). The only difference is that deployment doesn't work neither via Eclipse nor via the SDM.

Where can I (re-)set the logon parameters for the Deployment Manager? Where is it trying to log on - to my localhost or to any other tool (the J2E, the SDM, whatever...) ?

Almost there....

Regards,

Trond

Message was edited by: Trond Stroemme

Former Member
0 Kudos

By checking some older messages, this resembles more and more a "package" problem... has anyone experienced the same issue, and is it possible at all to resolve it without modifying versions etc... ?

Trond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have got a problem to configure the SLD.

When I want to configure the step 2 from the WebDynpro_FlightListReadme.pdf I receive the error message "there are no message servers maintained in the associated SLD". Where and how can I define the message server?

Kind regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you point me to the document that explains how to configure the SDL?

Thanks for your assistance,

Donna Maupin

University of Kentucky

SAP Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing like bringing up a topic from... over a year ago.

I'm having the same problem as all of these people. No message server/application servers shows up in the dropdown box while trying to configure a JCO.

Does anyone have any specific information on this issue? (I've read the PDFs about ten times over)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just in case you still looking for solution, you can refer to this thread:

Before maintaining JCO,

You require to define technical system in SLD.

Once you defined your technical system(Server fro which you are maintaining JCO) The dropdowns will fill automatically in content administrator.

for Local was you path will be:-

http://localhost:50000/sld

then go to Technical landscape

SystemName - Target server for JCO

MsgServerName - same as System NAme.

LogonGroupName -- Public