Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA related problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 questions. I created a user and assigned a profile in our CUA master system (SolMan).

When I saved and process it did not copy to the child system. I have to process it using bd87. After processing, I checked in the child system. The user was created but the profile was blank.

Question (1): How can I make the changes automatically copied to the child system after I save the changes.

Question (2): Why was the profile not reflected in the child system.

Thanks,

kbas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two ways to get the role into the child system. You can create the same role in the child system with same name as David is saying or you can put a target system name into the role of the Central System and click on distribute. It will distribute the role from the central system to the child system, check your authorizations after you do this to see if the authorizations are the same, it may need to be generated.

Hope this works for you!

Doug Settlemier

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd first check SCUL in the parent system and looks for errors. You also have to make sure the profile exist in the child system. CUA does not replicate roles or profiles, in other words if you create a role or profile in the CUA parent system they are not replicated to the child systems. You have to make sure the roles and profiles exist in the child system and you have done a 'text compare; in PFCG so the CUA parent is aware of the new roles.

Dave Wood

Former Member
0 Kudos

after you assign roles or profiles to users in CUA, a report pfcg_time_dependency needs to be run or run tcode pfud, or in the child system do the user comparison. usually pfcg_time_dependency is scheduled job. please reward points if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two ways to get the role into the child system. You can create the same role in the child system with same name as David is saying or you can put a target system name into the role of the Central System and click on distribute. It will distribute the role from the central system to the child system, check your authorizations after you do this to see if the authorizations are the same, it may need to be generated.

Hope this works for you!

Doug Settlemier

0 Kudos

Doug, can you explain this statement in more detail? "or you can put a target system name into the role of the Central System and click on distribute"

where are you doing this?

Thanks

Dave Wood

0 Kudos

You can put the target system name into the role of the CUA Central System and click on distribute, it will copy this role to the child system.

Do you need any more detail?

0 Kudos

I do need more detail Doug. what tran are you in when you do this?

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos

Go into pfcg, create a test role called test_distribution, enter the name of child client into the target system, and click on distribute. It copies the role name to the child system but does not copy the authorizations.

Does this help?

Since it does not copy the authorizations, it doesn't save any more time than creating the role directly in the child system.

0 Kudos

Doug,

The benefit of what you described was to create a "shell" of the Child System role in you Central System, so you can create a multi child system composite role in the Central System.

Back to the original question, sounds like the K Bas has ALE optimization problem, do you agree? Davis suggest to check SCUL (Distribution Log), which is a good place to start.

BD87 is another good place to start. Also a good practice to check to see any OLD pending CUA IDOCs sitting in you system if you inherit the system. If somebody decided to process ALL IDOCs, you will have some fun time with you child User Master. (I am speaking from my pass experience).

Have fun.

Lye

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I checked the Partner Prifole settings and found the cause there. All outbound and inbound parameters were set to "Collect IDOcs." I changed it to "Transfer IDoc Immed." the it now works.

Thanks for all your reply. Points given to all for the effort.

kbas