cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMPLE ADAPTER quest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could anyone tell me if we could deploy the sample adapter and get a complete scenario working (file to file as sender and reciever)??

I am trying to do that. I see that the adapter is able to rename my file but does nothing more than that. I dont see any messages on the communication channel too.

Could anyone give me a step by step procedure on how to get the sample adapter working as sender and reciever.

--Jai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Related help for the Adapter Development:

and the error may be because of many reasons:

1) What is the status of Sender Communication Channel in the Runtime Workbench? Does it show green status?

2) Did you get messages in the SXMB_MONI?

If you get this then only you can think of getting the messages in the Receiver side.

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Moorthy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it working. For some reason if I would choose the option

"File Process Mode : Renam File, Duplicate check"

the file would be rename but not sent to destination. When I switched that option everything seemed to work fine.

--Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already done exactly what the above link specifies. But I am not sure if there are any additional configurations I have to make (e.g. in visual admin or in reciever adapter). I get an exception like (URL cannot be null).

--Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You will definitely get some help from here.

/people/gowtham.kuchipudi2/blog/2006/01/04/testing-sample-adapter

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna

The status in the communication channel is green for both sender and reciever. But it says "functioning" as opposed to "Channel configured correctly..." as in other adapters. (not sure if this makes a diff).

I see that my sender adapter is able to rename the specified file but doubt if it is even able to extract the contents of the file.

Do you have any idea where i could see a detailed log. Also I wasnt sure what the module parameters (username , pwd) in the reciever adapter are supposed to be.

Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

--Jai