cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto generate purchase order for bom-components ?

0 Kudos

Dear Members :

Trying to understand what customization I need to make in order to auto generate PO for BOM components which are also finished goods, while creating Sales Order. I am assuming these components need to be ordered from vendors and then assembled for the header item and while creating Sales Order, these components are not in adequate numbers in stock. Or is this not possible at-all ?

Thanks in advance

Atanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Tick the automatic PO and Source List fields in purchase view of the material master for the vendors on whom you would like to release PO automatically. Create a purchase info record. Create source list. In the last column in the details screen of the source list check the field relevant for MRP set the correct parameters for running MRP. But PO can not be created automatically after MRP run.

The automatic PO creation flag enables you to run a batch job that will convert all selected Purchase Requisitions to be converted Purchase Orders in the background.

You may consider scheduling agreements if you want MRP to kick out Purchase Orders. Set the flag in the source list for the scheduling agreement to "2" enabling MRP to kick out delivery schedules for future requirements. If you want to fix the schedule within a certain period you have two options.

1. Using firm zone - firms all orders within this period . Refer additional data screen of the scheduling agreement at the vendor material level.

2. Planning time - all new orders outside of the planning time fence - refer MRP 1 view of the material master

0 Kudos

Hi :

Thanks much. I understand and will do from the MM side. What I fail to understand (before saving the sales order - VA01) is that in the schedule line screen of respective BOM-component(s) - purchase rquisition number column is blank.

Could you please suggest the cycle of generating Purchase Requisition, from Sales Order point of view - I mean for the BOM components and mind you mine are all finished goods which need to be ordered from respective vendor and the need is generation of purchase requisition from sales order for the respective BOM components - which will fall short in stock.

Appreciate your time and thanks very much.

Atanu