Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI for Windows with Kerberos authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are installing SAP on IBM zLinux. Can I configure SAPGUI for Windows to authenticate users with their Microsoft Active Directory credentials?

3 REPLIES 3

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Darrell,

To do this you need a compatible GSS-API and Kerberos library for zLinux and a GSS-API library for Windows workstations where SAP GUI is running. There is a GSS-API library available from SAP, but this is Windows only and designed for a solution where SAP is running on Windows. Since your SAP apps are running on zLinux you need to find an alternative solution. The company I represent provides such a product, but I am not 100% sure if we currently support zLinux. Can you just confirm this for me - is zLinux the name of Linux running on IBM zSeries mainframes ? If it is, we can port our product to this architecture using the IBM Chiphopper facility, and then we will provide full support to you to help you meet your SAP GUI SNC / Active Directory integration needs.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darrell,

you don't necessarily need to setup and use Kerberos. You can also authenticate via your Windows logon credentials and ADS. I represent a company that provides solutions for the scenario you describe. Feel free to contact me - my e-mail address is in the SDN business card.

Peter

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Darrel,

As you know from my previous post, this solution is possible, and we have a product that is both low cost, easy to implement, secure, and fully supported. The product is available now on zLinux, either Redhat EL4 or SLES9 in both 31-bit and 64-bit mode. Please contact me via my email address in my SDN business card if you would like to evaluate our product or discuss it more. If there is discussion which other readers can benefit from, then please feel free to let me know via this thread.

Thanks again,

Tim