cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP run time errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our DP production support we are facing problems running our background jobs. when we are running background jobs that have a larger selection ids data then it gives the error

"No more storage space available for extending an internal table" and the ABAP error that I get is "TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED"

When I am running a smaller data set then the jobs are running but when I run a bigger selection id it fails to prevent that i have sliced the selection id and have included them in the sevreal option but to no avail,

Do u think that the process chains might help in these circumstances.

Ashwini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is that each session is alloted a certain amount of memory space. During your program runtime, this limit being exceeded. You need to take action to clean up any memory that is no longer being used. My suggestion would be to analye the program and if you any internal tables that are not being used any longer in the program, free up the memory by using the FREE statement.

refresh itab. Free itab.

Can also look for the oss note 166551.

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably the problem is due to insufficient internal table space.

This happens generally after upgrades/patch upgrades.

Try to contact the your Basis team to extend the table spaces.

Process chains will just schedule the different jobs with smaller selections in a sequence. This will not solve your problem.

Regards,

Asheesh