cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Newline on File Receiver Output

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an R/3 RFC -> XI -> File scenario. Everything is working fine except that my output file has an extra line feed on the end of it. I assume it has something to do with the fieldSeparator value. I cannot use fieldFixedLengths because my field can vary.

Is there a way to set fieldSeparator to "nothing"? Is there a way to turn off the endSeparator? I have tried a few different Content Conversion parameters but nothing is working.

Here are some details:

RECEIVER DATA TYPE (integration repository):

complus_receiver_dataType complex type

cp element

myrequest element

myheader element (optional)

RECEIVER COMM CHANNEL:

File Content Conversion is the Message Protocol

Recordset Structure - cp

cp.fieldSeparators - 'nl'

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just remove the extra newline in the receiving system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith,

Know your problem is solved..but did you try putting..

endSeparator as ´0´

Sumit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the xml Response payload that gets sent to my RECEIVER CHANNEL. You do not see it, but there is a newline character in the middle of the data (before 00010007847705251) and another at the end (after BREAKER 1 POLE 4). When I write out the file I don't want to add yet another line feed or character to the end.

My channel parameters are just:

cp.fieldSeparator 'nl'

cp.endSeparator '0x20'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

you are getting the extra space in your data because of the value you are giving in the parameter <i>'endSeparator'</i>, i.e. '0x20' or a <i>space</i>.

Don't use the endSeparator parameter and make the following changes in the parameters:

<b>cp.fieldSeparator '0x20'</b>

Please make these changes, activate your object and test the scenario.

I hope if it helps you'll give me points )

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

With this recommendation I still have two newline characters at the end of the file. The default endSeparator is newline, so that is what you get when you don't put anything.

I guess I have to just figure out how to get the newline character out of my data since XI forces you to have an endSeparator.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but these leave a space at the end of my file. The problem is that the data I receive already ends with a newline. I don't want an endSeparator at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Can you please elaborate by listing down the parameters that you are giving in Content Conversion Parameters tab, also with the help of some Sample data.

Thanks & regards,

Varun Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Keith,

You could also try with the hexcode for space ie '0x20' as the field separator.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Keep your fieldSeparator value as a <i>'space'</i>.

For eg:

cp.fieldSeparator: //give a space here

I hope it helps,

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi