cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heap memory settings in J2EE 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

/people/benny.schaich-lebek/blog/2005/03/10/the-x-options-secrets-of-web-as-java

I was reading the above blog and it says that "After starting the testing tool, click on "instance" and switch to "<b>Server General</b>" tab. Be sure to make changes only there, as changes on specific servers do not make any sense." There is screen shot as well.

BUT

When I read the note 710146 then it says "select cluster_data/instance_ID.../server_ID... and make the change in the "Java parameters" field. If you have more than one server node, you need to apply the change to every server node and also to the dispatcher node." This means that I have to go to cluster_data/instance_ID.../<b>server_ID</b> and cluster_data/instance_ID.../<b>dispatcher_ID</b> and make the settings at two places as mentioned in the note.

I am confused as where exactly to make changes to Heap Memory and other parameters mentioned in note 723909. <b>Server General</b> or server_ID and dispatcher_ID.

Can anyone please explain about this issue? Please let me know if there is any good document about it.

Regards

Sume

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note:723909 is the central note for configuration settings and it is the main point of referance when setting the values on the dispatcher on any system.

For dispatcher nodes it's enough to set the heap size to 170m.

Default size of the young generation (one third of the heap) is ok for

dispatchers.

If the instance contains more than three server nodes I would suggest to

add 50MB of dispatcher heap for each additional server node.

Thanks

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

You are right. the central note is 710146 and I got 710146 from this note only.

I am not worried about the size of the parameters. The note 710146 gives you enough guideline about the sizes etc.

My question is that these parameters are at few diferent plaaces and where should we set it. Specialy Heap is main one.

Please read my initial question carefully.

Regards.

SSC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set it in config tool.

Thanks

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under confog tool Server process - and the parameters here will pertain to your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbiah maybe you can know how detect the problem.

Maybe my problem is memory parameter for UDConnect.

Thank you.