cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI for Java error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed "SAPGUI for Java" on Debian Etch. Installation went fine with no issues. When I add new connection and try to connect, I am getting below error message:

Attempt to load shared library /opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00rev4/bin/libJPlatin.so failed.
The library file exists, so either the program don't has the previleges to access the library or the library is not loadable by the shared object loader
Technical information:
Error location: GuiJniLoader.loadPlatinLibrary()
Error message: /opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00rev4/bin/libJPlatin.so: Can't load IA 32-bit. so on a IA 32-bit platform

When I click "OK" button, I am getting error

JniAgilibAdaptor.<init>: Cannot load JNI library

Any idea what might be the problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed Java 1.4.2 and it gave me almost the same error as with the 1.5. However, error notified me with an additional information that "libstdc++5" is missing. I installed this package and gui error disappeared..So, finally upgraded java to 1.6 and sapgui works well with java 1.6...no problem at all..

All-set now..thanks a lot guys for your help.

Message was edited by:

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install on Fedora 7 with Java 1.6.0_02. and the same error message appears. (So it might be said that java version is the problem.) So I tried to install java 1.4.2_15 on Fedora 7 and tried to install.

Another error appears libXp.so.6 file can't find.

Until now, no solution yet. I am using 32 bit. J

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Meung Sann

the libXp error can be resolved very quickly by calling:

1. yum install libXp

Thanks

Hannes Kuehnemund

SAP LinuxLab

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed Java 1.4.2 and it gave me almost the same error as with the 1.5. However, error notified me with an additional information that "libstdc++5" is missing. I installed this package and gui error disappeared..So, finally upgraded java to 1.6 and sapgui works well with java 1.6...no problem at all..

All-set now..thanks a lot guys for your help.

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you tell me the version of your java?

Thanks,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Version is 1.5.0

java version "1.5.0_10"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_10-b03)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_10-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on how to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Phani

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

You might want to use the 1.4.2 version which is more reliable, also please check and make sure you use a 32-bit java vm. You cannot run a 32-bit java application with a 64-bit java vm.

Thanks,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed it on eLive distribution which has 1.5 Java version. I am successfully able to login into SAP system on elive (debain based distro). So, I don't think 1.5 version is the problem and it seems 1.5 is backward compatible.

I also tried installing SAP Gui on different folder (instead of /opt, I tried /home/user) just to make sure shared libraries are not causing any issue (also tried to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable)...

Nothing seemed to have worked on Debian Etch... bottom line: SAP GUI for java worked on ubuntu fiesty (kubuntu), elive -- all of which are debian based but did not work on Debian Etch itself...any clue???

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you see when entering

file /opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00rev4/bin/libJPlatin.so

Are you on 32 or 64 bit?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus -

Output of

file /opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00rev4/bin/libJPlatin.so
/opt/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.00rev4/bin/libJPlatin.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

My machine is a 32-bit one.

Thanks,

Phani