cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question while using report /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

While using Report /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL and going through system documentation, I found that:

"Normally, the order data remains in the database (it is not deleted as in live Cache)."

From the above statement I am assuming that data gets deleted in live cache on a timely basis, Can someone please let me know how frequently the data gets deleted in live cache?

Thanks for your time,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

There is no specific frequency for data getting deleted from the live cache.

It depend on the transactions which are taking place in R3 and APO.

For eg. Sales orders create a requirement in the R3 which is transferred to APO.

Now when this sales order is delivered, the requirements gets deleted from R3 and similarly from APO livecache. But this information does not get deleted from the APO database tables.

So this report is used to delete R3 document data that is no longer required in APO.

Cleaning of the database tables in APO leads to better performance.

So as a best practice, this report should be scheduled to run weekly.

Regards,

Asheesh Gupta

Message was edited by:

asheesh gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asheesh,

Thanks for your response.

I have checked in the test system, though the Sales order is completely processed in R/3 system I could still see that order in the APO livecache. I am little confused as why it is still present in livecache.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can run /SAPAPO/CCR to take care of the inconsistencies between APO and R3 as a step before doing the SDORDER_DEL program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Inbound and Outbound Queues in APO.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Go through information regarding SAP Live Cache Assistant:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/7d/251a3e0aee1861e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

You have different Reports/Options in a transaction for deleting/updating either Database or Live Cache. It would delete/update the entries from Live Cache/Database based on the user action.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen for your response, but I couldn't find enough information on the site you have mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Well, livecache data is not deleted on a timely basis as i know. This report is to delete inconsistent data that remains after running some processes in SCM.

For instance, in transportation planning, when a shipment reaches the finished status, this data becomes obsolete from planning purposes, so you have to run a process to delete this data, sometimes, after running this kind of process, data in livecache and in database has inconsistencies, so you need to run this report.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.