cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI System Copy Redeploy Mobile Components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I copied an MI system and followed note 920335 for the follow-up activities.

One is:

After the copy, the download links for the mobile component's

installation files still point from the target system's ABAP server

component to the source system's J2EE server component.

If you are working with the NetWeaver Mobile Administrator, you

need to redeploy all mobile components via the SDM with

Deployment Configuration option "Update deployed SDAs/SCAs that

have any version".

Do I need to go through all the source sda files I ever deployed, upload it in SDM and deploy with above option?

Is there no shorter solution?

Kind regards,

jeroen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jeroen,

i don't think there's a tool available to do this...

but directly modifying the database might solve this in a shorter way.

i forgot which table; but you may try checking into the defined MCD

attributes or properties.

(i don't have a sap system to check this out... for sure it's somewhere saved

on the table)

jo

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out that if I delete the MCD (mobile component descriptor) in transaction MCD on the abap stack, the mobile component disappears in the netweaver mobile administrator.

Is this the right way? If I undeploy mobile components from SDM then I manually have to delete the corresponding mcd's?

Where do I find the propertysheets?

"If you have only few mobile components deployed on the sever then just open the visual admin and modify the propertysheet of each components using apply custom property of mobile component."

Kind regards,

jeroen

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Regarding main issue-:

No Need to do that!! just undeploy all the component from the SDM and deploy them again from the SDM and to reload from the mobilecomponent screen of NWA then the web path and the webserver entry will be automatically updated.

Regarding you current issue-:

If you undeploy the mobilecomponent from the NWA then it will be automatically deleted from the both ABAP and java stack.

but if you undeploy the same from the sdm then you have to manually go and delete the entry ABAP stack, using some RFC.

Regards.

Satyendra

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

A. When you do a copy of the system then all the deployed mobile components should be undeployed and again needs to be deployed on the system where you are actually going to do a copy.

And then do a reload from the mobile component screen of NWA.

If you don;t undeploy and deploy it again then you will always get the download link for the app pointing to the older system.

B. If you have only few mobile components deployed on the sever then just open the visual admin and modify the propertysheet of each components using apply custom property of mobile component.

And then do a reload again.

Regards,

Satyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I managed to change the URL's in table memsd_cust.

For the entries I don't need anymore I undeployed the components via SDM.

However after the undeployment the entries still show up in NetWeaver Mobile Administrator - Mobile Components...

Even if I reload to sync abap and java stack.

Kind regards,

jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to run MEMGMT_MCD_GET_FROM_J2EE to align the two tables on J2EE and R/3.

I have not used it that often - it is running as a background job here - but this is the function, SAP says you need to run for:

"This report allows you to display the mobiler components available on the server in the Mobile Administrator"

Hope this helps to solve the issue.

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hint but it didn't help :s

I think that the report has the same functionality as the reload button in NWMA.

Kind regards,

jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

No suggestions?

Rgds,

jeroen