cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ristricting product at plant level -?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends-

plant A currently sels product xxx and Plant B will begin selling the same product xxx starting December 1. How do you restrict plant B from creating an order with the product xxx until december 1?

do I need to do remove plant from material master -?

what is the Transaction?

Or

Do ineed to do some where else -?

Thanks

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prasadgaru,

I think you can use "xplantmaterial status" in basic data1, in material master, it will also give an output of the message you required to you users.

pl reward points if helps

thanks

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the material at the plant level do proceed to the Material Master screen For Plant 1 for which u want to restrict the material .

Sales Org 2 view -Plant res.status-Block the material there and give the date from which date.

Hope this would solve the problem.

Regards,

Sarosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravikumar

I din't find that field in sales view 2 -?

Thanks

Prasad

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the above.You can find it in Sales View 1.

Regards,

Sarosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are a couple of options...

• Use First Product Offer Date to have requested date > the launch date. It won't restrict order entry, but it will restrict when the customer gets the product.

or

• For the plant you don't want to start selling out of change the lifecycle to something not currently being used (Developing product maybe?)

• Use a listing exclusion (VB01) to restrict that lifecycle product from the sales documents types your customer uses.

• When you're ready to sell the product change the lifecycle on the material

Either should work.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

why not think this way... maintain the required plant either in the customer master or CMIR. When you do sales order automatically this plant is defaulted. I agreee there is a possibility that this plant can be changed to the new plant which you dont want to sell from at the moment. But since there is no stock maintained yet in that plant it would nt go for further processing.

But its the enduser who creates a sales order and you can always tell him not to change the plant to the new one.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad

T-code is

MM06

Best Regards

Sainath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath,

It works i mean MM06 T-code will mark the deletion indicator for the material plant.

Thanks i was not knowing abt this. Good Learning.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Message was edited by:

Sreekanth. V.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

you can mark deletion flag in T-code

MM<b>06</b>

Check it,here you can make deletion flage for particular plant and also check the impact if you remove this flag in dec.

I think this informatiom will help you.

Best Regards

Sainath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't extend the Material XXX to Plant-B until the date you want. When the sales begin from Plant-B extend Material XXX to Plant-B also so that you can start the transaction for Plant-B for Material XXX.

Reward points if it helps.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For selling a product from a particular plant you have to create it in that plant. Now the material 'xxx' has already been selling from plant 'A'. Now plant 'B' also will start manufacturing it. So do one thing do not extend the material as of now for plant 'B'.

Then if you try also the system will not select the plant 'B' for the 'xxx' material in the sales order.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Dont extend the material to plant B now . Do it later,maybe in Dec.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateb.

Thank you for your time.

If all ready material extended then what steps do I need to take in order to restrict this.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once it is extended i don't think nobody can stop doing transaction to the material and plant.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

idoes it help mark for deletion at Plant level for a material -?

where can I do that?

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I dont recollect or see any field that you can set to block the material at a plant level. We will have to find a work around method. Is it plant B newly created in the system or an existing one??

Regards

NP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prasad,

you can do onething... exculde the material upto 30th nov... make make a condition table taking plant in that and mention Plant B.. hope you can get ur solution.

Ramki