cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

model class and its properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am facing a problem.... actually there is one model class, and I want to change the properites ( name, type and str field name ).... ? how I can do so, because right now its non-editable and I cant even create a new property ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is RFC,ARFC,WS,AWS you cann't edit via Model CLass editor in NWDS. These model are imported as immutable model in NWDS

You have to change at backend and then reimport the model.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

How I can reimport the model ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I got an exception while importing the model:

plugin name = Web Dynpro Model Editor Services

plugin id = com.sap.ide.webdynpro.service.modeleditor

class = com.sap.ide.webdynpro.modeleditor.wizards.model.creation.ModelDialog

method = nextPressed

exception = org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NullPointerException)

Any idea, what went wrong ?

Regards,

Message was edited by:

Shah H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okey, reimport done !!!

Have to check now what happend after reimport.....

Regards,

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check structures created now.

Go to Data Dictionary and navigate to simple type ans structures. CHeck if new structures have arrived.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

so guys, I have reimported the model, and newlly changed filed is in the model now...

But now I have to deploy this over server ? one question do i require to create a new application ( with same name and then deploy over the server or how it will works ) ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just deploy the same application and restart the server to make sure that there is no old data in the cache.

Regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okey, friends, I have reimport the model, and the changed values form database are reflected into the model properties, now the old field was set in various CONTEXT i have deleted this old field from contect ( as it has given me error ), now pls let me know how I can add the new field in various contect.....

Is there any good artical or documentation for Model, I want to learn about model and structure, ( back-end tables, ) etc...

kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know on which Service pack you are working, but for me it is not possible to change

model structures and only be reimporting you can add fields that are also available in the backend system.

he Only thing you can do is creating a value node that is excactly the same as you model structure. Unfortuently, you can't use structurebinding because it follows the same rules.

Regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you plese let me know how to reimport the structure ( as the backend table I have changed, and want this to affect on the model class as well ) ?

Regards,

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to click on model and select reimport.

Select the entities you want to re-import now.

If same entities are selected (which are changed at backend) the new structures will be created in NWDS.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can right-click on the model name and select "<i>Reimport Model</i>".

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or in other words, how I can change the structure which is used in the model class ?

Regards,