cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistical WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to use a CO object different from Cost Center in a statistical WBS.

Is it possible? In the standard system (CJ20N), I can only specify a Cost center as actual posting object.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

I am not 100 percent get your question. Do you mean, for the settlment rule in the CJ20N you can not specify as actual posting object? Becasue I do not know, that CJ20N need a actual posting object beside the settlment rule.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On control tab of wbs element, if you mark it as statistical, you need to give a cost center on which the actual cost will be booked. My query is can we have more cost objects like internal order etc on this tab, from where we can have a choice to book the actual costs. Currently we have only one choice i.e. cost center. Please let me know if you need further elaboration of the issue.

Regards

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant Rakate

I still donot understand your question.

On control tab of wbs element, if you mark it as statistical, you need to give a cost center on which the actual cost will be booked. ??? ->

Why it is neede to input a cost center? Do you get an error message or similar to let you input it? As far as I known, it is normal, that a statistical wbs does not have coster center at all.

The CJ20N is a transaction for the maintaince the PS master data, the actual costs book transaction happens normally outside the PS, for example the FI, MM or CO. In other words, which co-objects will take the role as real co-object is decided later.

For example, you book actual costs using KB21N, if it need a 'real' co-object, so you can input the e.g. an network activity als the real co-object beside the statistical wbs. No coster center is involved at all.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

Whatever you are saying is right. When we mark a wbs as statistical, it is not mandatory to enter cost center in CJ20N. As you rightly said that during actual postings in FI, MM we can enter the cost object besides the statistical wbs element.

But, if we enter cost center in CJ20N besides the Statical check box on wbs control tab, this becomes the default cost object for the statictical wbs. i.e. during actual postings in FI, MM system will not ask for cost object and take this cost center for actual posting. This is my interpretation, correct me if i am wrong.

Now the question is in such case we can define only cost center as a cost object in CJ20N. By any means can we include other cost objects in control tab?

Regards

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

I now get your question.

There is unfortueantely no other co object, you can maintain in the WBS to for the real posting of actual cost. As I checked the involved screen, SE51, SAPLCJWB,

1406, the coster center is the only one.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo