cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are my questions regarding variants:

1. Does a variant has an expiration date? Because what happens, sometimes when I use it, Variant XXX is not the current version.

When that happens, I go to SE38 and goes to Variants then adjust. Whenever this happens, it goes ok again. Where can I control that it should not be obsolete?

2. The values of the variant disappears. I dont know what happens. It just disappear. What should I do here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a report selection screen is changed, some of the existing variants may not work, depending upon the type of changes made. If the fields have changed, the values you saved may not match the fields displayed on the screen. If you attempt to execute a report with an invalid variant, a message beginning with "Variant xxxxx of program yyyyy is not the current version…" will be displayed.

To make sure you are using a current variant, be sure to display the contents of your variant before using it. You can do this either by opening up the variant on the input report screen or by choosing Goto >> Variants >> Display.

See Displaying a Report Variant for more information.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ramesh,

Is there a way to bring back the old variant?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi try with t-code OKEV or OKEQ