cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Out Records through Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to Check Out records that are added through Import Mgr untill they are reviewed and approved. However, if i enable "Check Out Records" for Start activity and select "Action on Records" as "Check In" for Stop activity - the Workflow fails to launch giving an error message "Not yet implemented".

How do i achive this functionality?

Regards,

Anoop

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

With this START and STOP configs, confirm your <i><b>Trigger Actions</b></i> and <i><b>Autolaunch</b></i> configs. For Autolaunch choose immediate and try your scenario. Do let me know if you have any further issues...

thanks

Alexander

p.s.Kindly reward the points if found problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I already have all the 4 <i><b>Trigger Actions</b></i> activated for this workflow, also the workflow does automatically launch when data is imported from import manager.

The problem is - the records imported are available for viewing and editing even before they have been reviewed and approved. i.e. they are not being checked-out on import.

Regards,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexender,

I just figured out that the automatic Checkout and Checkin of records through workflow works only on Main Table (Products). If a similar workflow is executed on Flat table it gives error message - 'Not Yet Implemented'.

Then, how do we check and approve records imported into flat tables?

Regards,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

No way to checkin/checkout records from a non-main table.

This would not be logical. When you check out a record from a flat table and it is used as a lookup value somewhere in the main table, so what to do with such a situation? Checkout the corresponding main table recordt? This would be rather confusing.

In other words, it is quite a question how to handle checkin/checkout for records that are used somewhere else.

There is no such problem for the main table records - they can never be lookup values and no record in a repository can depend on them.

So, no way to checkout records from a flat table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is completely aggreable and logical.

However, how about new additions to Lookup table through import manager. If i need an 'approval process' before addition, how do i do that?

Thanks and Regards,

Anoop

Answers (0)