Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get data from pdf file and send contents of the pdf file to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts,

Action:

1. Make a pdf forms (interactive form) with inputfield named “A_inputfield” in the webdynpro application and run the webdynpro application.

2. In the IE, click the save button in the pdf interactive form and save the pdf to local disk,ex: C disk. Close the IE browser.

3. Open the pdf interactive form from the local C disk and type "aaa" to the “A_inputfield”.

4. I want to save the "aaa" to the R/3 system using webdynpro or using other tools . How can I do it?

First way:

If I use webdynpro application to save the content of the pdf, I don't find a way mapping or binding the content to a context of a view. So I don't think this way is unadvisable.

Second way:

Adding a button "submit" in the pdf forms when create the pdf form. Runing the webdynpro application, save the pdf to local disk,ex: C disk. Opening the pdf interactive form from the local c disk and typing "aaa" to the “A_inputfield”, click the "submit" button to save the content. Of course, I need to finish the code for clicking "submit" button. But I don't know how to write these codes and where to write these codes. Do you give me some advise ?

Best regards,

tao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Abhimanyu L,

Thanks a lot for your help. Your answer can give me large developmental.:)

I find http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/67/fae9421dd80121e10000000a155106/content through searching google for CL_WD_ADOBE_SERVICES class. But I don't find any exmples for the class. Do you give me some hint for some exmples for the class?

Best regards,

tao

(You can reply back to me via e-mail if you think we should discuss this internally at tao.wang@besuretech.com or wwangt_92@hotmail.com)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Offline Interaction in WebDynpro is only possible using FileUpload and FileDownload Controls.

Once the pdf is saved in the Local machine, you can run a web dynpro application,

which will upload the pdf and then read the contents of the pdf.

You can use CL_WD_ADOBE_SERVICES class to read the uploaded pdf and put it in your Context Node.

As per my knowledge enabling the Submit button in Offline mode is in CAF(Composite Application Framework )

Regards

Abhimanyu L