cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding credit memo request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As i am a technical person and not a functional I don't know much about the sales,

I am providing my scenario here:

i am displaying a sales order through va03.

when i clicked on the sales document item it dispalys returns.

there i go to conditions tab , it showing the material list price, cumulation condition, manual fixed price etc

but when i go to the display document flow from the display returns there i can see the credit memo request.

from there i go the display document button and it displays the credit memo request.

from ther i clicked on the sales document item , it shows the details of the sales document.

but when i go the conditions tab it is not showing the manual fixed price. Rest everything like material list price, cumulation condition etc are showing.

Is this the normal behaviour?

If I want to show the manual fixed price also, is there any method?

Please guide me.

Regards,

Soumya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! Soumya,

In SD documents belong to different document types. Sales order is a 'Sales document type. Credit Memo is a 'Billing document type'.

Copying anything from a Sales Order to a billing document is done through 'copying controls'.

Changes that need to be done are use t.code VTFA. Now click on 'Position' > Enter the billing type & the sales document type>Enter> Select that line which shows your billing document type & Sales document type> In the left hand margin click on 'Item"> Double click on the item category(you will find the item category in the sales order against the material)> on the details screen in the options of pricing type use(in case your in the display mode go to change mode) the value as 'D' .

So from next time onwards whenever a credit memo is raised it will copy the same price from the Sales order & this item category.

However you will not be able to see any change in credit memo already created.For this particular case cancel the credit memo, make the above mentioned changes & then create the credit memo again.

Give your feedback. Revert back in case you dont know how to find Sales document type & billling document type.

Regards,

PATHIK

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is with the SAP standard transaction =/BEV1/SR0. While creating the credit memo request , it is not bringing the manual price which is there in the return order.

Kindly guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Soumya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

check the copying controls from returns order to credit memo. Return order is also a sales document type. So, in the trans VTFA > Position> Billing typ G2 & Sales Doc type RE(there should be such a entry as the credit memo has been created with reference to the returns order) > Now, select that line>Click on Item in the left hand margin> at the place which I have mentioned & change the entry there to 'D'.

Can you tell me the Sales doc type & invoice doc type. I will do it for you.

Provide your feedback

Regards,

PATHIK

Message was edited by:

Pathik Pandya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi soumya,

as u r the technical person it is somewhat confusing for u.

in general scenario the sales process is as follows.

Order - delilvery - Invoice This is the normal process

When the customer not satisfied with the products he will return the products.

Returns document will be created with reference to earlier order or Invoice.

Order

- Returns order - Returns Delivery

Invoice

If the customer wants products we will delilver the products again.

if he ask for the return of the money then

With reference Invoice we will create Credit Memo Request .

With reference to Credit memo request we will create Credit Memo to the customer.

To create these documents with reference to earlier documents in Sales & Distribution we will maintain copy controls between these documents.

Then only the data from the reference document will be copied to target documents.

In above scenario we will maintain copy controls between

Sales order to delivery, delivery to Invoice,

Order/Invoice to Returns order, Return Order to Delivery,

Invoice to Creditmemo Request, Creditmemo Request to Creditmemo.

Now come to ur point i.e. Not showing the 'Manual Fixed Price" om credit memo item details.

During the copy control we can control how the pricing is to be carriedout in the target document. During copy control a field "Price Type" controls this functionality. With this field we can control

1. whether the conditons are copied from reference doc. with scales

2. Whether new pricing is carried in the target document.

3. whether manual entries are to be copied or not

like that we can control with this field.

that's why the condition Manual Fixed Price is not displayed.

reward points if it is helpful in understanding the scenario.

Thanks and Regards

raj reddy

raj_brsr@yahoo.co.in

Message was edited by:

raj reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Soumya,

What you have observed is quite normal. The Returns Sales order and the Credit memo request may not have all the condition types same. In your case the Manual fixed price cond type may not be relevent for Credit memo request.

secondly, when you go to item level screen of sales order, the condition tab shows the pricing conditions of the sales order ( return order in your case).

But when you go to document flow and select display document of the credit memo request, then you are inside the credit memo request screen. Then you go to conditions tab page of the CMR. There the pricing conditions of the CMR is shown.

This not an error.

Thanks,

Award points if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any method by which you can bring the manual fixed price condition also to the credit memo request?

Regards,

Soumya.