cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using BAPIs and JCo to get BW data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to get data out of SAP BW's InfoProvider (especially InfoCubes) and have read the weblog of Prakash Singh but I haven't really found a solution.

I know that I have to use JCo and BAPIs and I also know the BAPIs I have to use (thanks to Prakash) but I don't really know how to use them in a standalone Java-Application.

For example: I have a function

JCO.Function function = this.createFunction("BAPI_MDDATASET_CREATE_OBJECT");

What can I do with this function? Am I able to execute a MDX statement on this function or something similar?

function.getTableParameterList().getField(j).getTable().getName() returns "BAPI6111MDX" which seems to have something to do with MDX

Maybe someone can tell me how I can use the BAPIs Prakash mentioned:

1. BAPI_MDDATASET_CREATE_OBJECT

2. BAPI_MDDATASET_SELECT_DATA

3. BAPI_MDDATASET_GET_STREAMINFO

4. BAPI_MDDATASET_GET_AXIS_INFO

5. BAPI_MDDATASET_GET_AXIS_DATA

6. BAPI_MDDATASET_GET_CELL_DATA

7. BAPI_MDDATASET_DELETE_OBJECT

He uses Dynpage, I like to do it in a standalone Java-Application...

Any help appreciated!

Message was edited by: Markus Bertelt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

You can easily translated my code in JCO. I am going to work on finishing the translation and if i do i will post it or i will send it to you.

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

that would really help me!!! Here is my email if you like to send me anything of the code you have at this moment because I can't wait to work with it (and when I am honest, I have a little pressure of time as I am working on my diploma thesis )

mbertelt(at)notes.upb.de

Message was edited by: Markus Bertelt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I will send you if can get it done. I don't want to promise anything because i work as well and currently i am quite busy with my implementation.

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I don't want to stress you. I am only looking forward to your support

Thanks in advance!!!

Cheers