cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD - Can you please explain how it works ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Friends ,

I have gone through many on line articles . But, I am not clear on the SLD behaviour.

How it works ?. SLD is the central repository of information about systems and softwares.

Can u please tell me what to define where ? for what ?

Can u please tell me a sample example ?

Regards.,

Shayam

Message was edited by:

shyam s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you give me your mail id..I shall send you some documents which might explain it in better terms.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply . If possible please send to guru.rangarajan@gmail.com

Regards.,

Shyam

Message was edited by:

shyam s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sent a document on Creating Software components.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello shyam,

SLD is the central directory of system landscape information relevant for the management of your software lifecycle. It contains a description of your system landscape (that is, the software components that are currently installed) and a repository of software components that can theoretically be installed in your landscape (such as the software components available from SAP). Since this data gets updated automatically, SLD provides reliable and up-to-date system landscape information with as little effort for you as possible. In this way, SLD acts as a central information provider for SAP and third-party tools that use this data to deliver the services you need to keep your landscape up and running.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2662b398-0701-0010-b69b-9a4c0515...

Hope this is useful for you.

With Regards,

Raju.

Please Reward points ,if found useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you gone through this >?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fe/39ae3d47afd652e10000000a114084/content.htm

If have access to market place you can find a host of documents there.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>