cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEXT SYMBOLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

q1]] what is TEXT symboL ? could you please explain lucidly without help.sap.com

since I have read it & did not follow.

Q2]] what are the positions where variables can occur in SAP ABAP?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABAP Learner,

You've posted a number of simple questions here (in the wrong forum) relating to ABAP. Can I suggest you change your username to Internet Forum Learner as you obviously don't know how they work.

Have you tried using the Search functionality on here? No disrespect but if you can't understand the help.sap.com documentation then you need to go on some proper ABAP training instead of asking multiple questions here.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Gareth

In fact I had taken a course however due to a dise prolapse at my back I could not make use of it .

Could you suggest me a suitable forum.

Anyway thankyou

abaper.learner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd suggest the ABAP-General forum is probably the best bet!

Seriously though, have a look through help.sap.com and please search these forums for these sort of questions as they have usually been asked before.

Gareth.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is TEXT symboL ?

Text symbols are used instead of text literals, to keep your program language independent. Instead of writing the same text again and again in the source code we create a text symbol of it and use it every place where the same text is required.

<b>This gives re-useability.</b>

The same text symbol can also be stored in different languages, which makes it lamuage independent.

<b>This makes maintainance easy</b>, and maintaince becomes central. That is to update one literal we have to change just the text symbol related to it, and it gets reflected every where in the code. other wise we have to change manually every where in the code, line by line.

And if the code is of thousands of line, then u can imagine the amount of labour to be done.

what are the positions where variables can occur in SAP ABAP

We can declare variables anywhere in a abap program, but its a good practice to declare in the begining, or in a separate include programme.

Hope this answers your query, Please reward points if its helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Text Symbol is a data object which holds the text to be displayed.

For example in a sample problem just write:

write text-001 and then double click on this. Then you will be prompted to enter some text.Enter some text say 'I am ABAP Learner'.

Save and activate your program.

Now, the text 'I am ABAP Learner' will be displayed.

Like this, we can use text symbols for dispalying Field Columns, Messages etc.

Hope this helps.

Please reward if useful.

Thanks,

Srinivasa