Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem mit Starting J2E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a problem.

I installed a new j2sdk 1.4.2_08 (old 1.4.2_06) on my system and the NWDS 2.0.12 (old 2.0.4). And now my local J2E isnt running anymore.

Perhaps somebody can help me. Please.

Regards. Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

did you install the new JDK into the same directory as the old one? SUN's installer suggests to install into the "..._08" (or whatever) dir, which one should never do (for applications which hard code the path to the JVM within their configuration, as SAP J2EE engine does).

In this case, and if you also had installed the 06 version into some "...06" dir, I would suggest to deinstall also the new JDK and to reinstall the 08 into the old "...06" directory.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the JVM Settings as per the note 716604

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

current recommended version of jdk for j2ee 640 sp12 is, 1.4.2.07. <b>note# 709140</b> is very important. also, you may want to re-adjust your parameters after upgrading JDK.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

> current recommended version of jdk

> for j2ee 640 sp12 is, 1.4.2.07

This isn't the complete truth, the note reads as follows for SUN's JDK: "Please use Sun J2SE 1.4.2_07 SDK (<u>or higher 1.4.2 versions</u> after they will become available)."

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, I agree that that's what they say. but in my experience, i interprete it as,

"we tested this with JDK 1.4.2.07 and it worked. higher version should work but use your own judgement."

I've tried 1.4.2.06 on lower version and it bombed out. we were forced to use 1.4.2.03 until we upgraded it.