Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving binary IDOC via Queue and convert it to XML-IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are focusing the following scenario:

We receive an plain, binary IDOC in a MQSeries Queue. We want to pick it, transform it and place it into R/3 (of course using XI 3.0). Afterwards the other way around.

I know the Howto for the ABAP mapping from XML-Idoc to plain IDOC. This may also work for our scenario. Do you agree?

The other way around is more difficult. I assume that - since the IDOC adapter resides in the ABAP stack - we cannot re-use an existant adapter module in the JMS adapter. Right?

I heared about JCO capabilities of "xmlizing" Idocs - but did not find hints within the javadoc. Anyway, would this really be the preferred way - writing an user exit for the adapter using JCO - to handle this? There must be a way to do it better, must it not?

How did you guys face this problem - I think its a common one...

Any starting points for a discussion are appreciated....

Greets,

helge

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helge,

For the conversion of the incoming flat message, one could imagine a similar ABAP mapping as the one described for the XML->flat message conversion. The function module IDX_IDOC_TO_XML could be a good starting point for your search.

To perform conversions in the Java stack (e.g. in an adapter module) might be a quite complex task since you first have to get the IDoc metadata. And there you cannot reuse existing function modules.

Best regards

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

thx for the quick answer.

I will play and post my experience here.

Helge